The Lacrosse Game::Chapter 7

We all sit in an awkward tensed silence. Stiles sits with me in the back seat with his unused lacrosse uniform and net in his hand. I look out the window, trying to ignore my mom's blabbering voice. We park up at the school and I step out into the cool air trying to spot Lydia and get away from Scott and Stiles.

" Brianna Mcall I thought you weren't coming!" A chippy voice yells through the filling crowd.

I fight my to the cold bleachers and smile at the sight of my strawberry blonde hair friend.

She looked like she was going to her prom, honestly. I was still wearing my school outfit. Just when the thought crossed my head Lydia frowns as if noticing exactly what I was thinking.

" Hey of course I was coming," I say mockingly.

A sweet laugh follows and I see a girl with dark brown hair curled into ringlets looking back at me.

I smile warmly. "Hey your new right? I'm Brianna Mcall nice to meet you," I say.

She smiles even wider and holds out a hand.

"Hi I'm Allison Argent are you Scott's sister?"

Her pale skin flushes a light pink at the his name. Surprised I nod and mentally think about how happy Scott will be when he finds out.

" Guys the game's starting," Lydia interrupts and smiles down at her boyfriend.

Lydia is dating Jackson Whitmore, who let me tell you is a complete jerk. Rolling my eyes I know why she's so excited for this game. Jackson, like every other game, is going to strut and shown off his amazing lacrosse skills . I look at Scott walking onto the field and surprise mixes with happiness.

Well I guess he is playing today.

Coach Finstock blows his favorite whistle, I swear I'm going to chuck that thing out the window one day, and the game begins.

I don't really pay attention to the game mostly but today I am because Scott's playing and so I can see him make a complete fool of himself.

Stiles sits on the sideline watching the game with a sullen expresion.

Poor Stiles.

"Pass to Mcall!" Coach yells as Allison cheers my brother on.

Looking down on the field I see Scott flip over a player and fling the ball into the net.

The crowd erupts into cheers and roars while I cheer and clap.

Well done Scott, Well done.

But in between the cheering my heart thumps uneasily as if somethings not right.

* * *

"Scott that was awesome!" Stiles shouts excitedly. The game ended, Beacon Hills winning, and now I'm walking home with two nut jobs, listening quietly not really wanting to talk to Stiles.

" I don't know I felt like I had so much time to catch the ball, it was weird," Scott responds almost nervously. Looking up, I frown.

This isn't the way home.

"Guys where are we going?" I ask dreading the answer as they both smile mischievously.

"Bryn I told Stiles about the other night, when we found the other half of the body," Scott says softly anticipating my reaction.

I shiver uncontrollably and the continuation of last night begins.

*FlashBack*

"And where are your partners in crime?" Sheriff Stillinski asks. The cold air whips my brunette waves around and Scott pulls them down, ripping some out of my scalp I might add.