Chapter 31

It's Monday again and exhausted from a tiring and fun weekend they report to class an hour late. They run to class breathless.

" You three shouldn't have run cause it's of  no use."

" Mr. Giveon, we are sorry, we overslept, it won't happen again."

" No excuse, you three, detention now!"

The girls sigh disappointedly at themselves for running  and are put in detention for an hour. Tyron at the back shouts.

" Have fun with your heads on during detention!"

And everyone laughs. Mr. Giveon turns to face them all and the laughing stops. After detention, they join the others at the cafeteria to eat.

" I can tell you girls had fun during the weekend."

" Yhh very well." Sun replies yawning loudly.

" Babe you must be tired."

" Of course Darwin."

" Everyone seems to be heading to the notice board. Let's go and check out."

Rashell says standing up.

The five walk to find out and it's stated

" Hello students of Mac School, get ready for hiking in the next two days. Come along with the FF: Backpack and other necessities. Hiking is for two days. Take note."

Rashell turns to her sleepy bestfriend.

" Sunny wake up!! Hiking is in  the  next two days. This is gonna be fun!"

" He'll yeah! Tan, what about you?" Sun asks feeling less sleepy.

"I'm in. Dylan, Darwin...?
" We're in." The boys chorus.

As they dash to class, they talk about preparations for hiking.

                     ***************

                    Day of hiking

Everyone is seated and ready for the journey. They arrive at a mountainous town. They jump out of the bus.

Rashell admires the view and because the place is cold, she wears a hoodie on her t-shirt. Their hiking coach leads them to a motel and everyone stride to their rooms as the school had book the rooms for all of them.

It's not a big town but the motel is big enough and tidy. It's noon and all students move to their rooms to get ready. In about five minutes, the coach gathers every student as they line up in their jeans, sweaters, with scarfs around their necks and trainers on.

They look warm for their hiking with their bobble hats. They gather Infront of the motel and since it's not only Rashell's class but other class, they are grouped in pairs. Rashell hopes she's been paired up with one of her friends since they won't get to pair up with whom they want. The coach begins to mention names.

" Sundrin-Rita and Jason Williams to the East."
Sundrin's mouth agape. 

" I guess we won't be together. Take care."
" I will, who knows maybe you might Tyron."

Sun adds with a wink.

" Get the hell out of here." Rashell replies and they laugh.

" Matilda, I guess we won't be together but whoever u go with, make sure you take care of yourself."
" Sure babe."

Jason and his girlfriend, Matilda kiss each other a bye.

" Be safe out there." Darwin says and kisses Sun on her forehead.

The coach continues to mention names.

" Darwin and Grace Fynn, Kane Wayne and Gwenia Bruce, Lisser Blackson and Kevin Sin, Matilda Stone and Greg Hart, Dylan Edwards and Bonnie Myles, Natania Parker and Leonardo Menz.."

The coach continues and now Rashell finds herself alone. All her friends have been paired up with different people. The coach finally spells out her name.

" Rashell- Virginia Olivares and Tyron Maclin"

Tyron is taken aback hearing who he's been paired up with and so is Rashell. Rashell tries to convince the coach.

" Can you pair me up with another person please.."
" I can't and you have no choice. Move to the West with him. Have fun." He adds smiling slyly.

Rashell carries her backpack and leads the way. Tyron smirks at her and follows.

                  **************

                        Forest

The calming sun draws the centre of the forest and waving trees breathe out freshness.

"This is so beautiful. I love this."  She says looking around.

" Wear your glasses else when it gets dark, you might not see clearly and I ain't gonna help if that happens."

" Whatever." She says and wears her glasses. 

With the map in Tyron's hands, they have been able to pass five flags. Seven more to go.

"We have seven more flags to go and it's already dusk. Let's cover two more flags and rest."
They make it through, cover two extra flags and set up their tents. Tyron sets his tent quickly and rests. Rashell growls as she finds difficulty in setting up her tent.

Tyron is in his tent with his eyes closed ignoring all that Rashell is doing. Suddenly there's silence and he wonders why.
" Is she dead or what?"

He continues to rest and still with the place soo quiet, he opens his eyes and decides to step out to check on her. Just as he zips his tent down, he sees Rashell standing Infront of his tent.

" Gosh!! What's wrong with you, psychopath!"

Clears her throat

" Umm... I destroyed my tent while trying to fix it and I'm tired and I don't have a place to rest."

" What has that got to do with me." 
He says walking out of the tent. Rashell raises her head and looks at Tyron.

" Are you that dumb?"

Tyron stares at her.

" Hey! Say something and stop giving me that look."

" Okay."

" Okay? Is that the only thing you've got to say?"

" You're soo noisy."

Tyron enters his tent leaving Rashell alone. He lays down and close his eyes. Rashell stands perplexed for some seconds and opens Tyron's tent and enters.

" Please, I need a place to rest."

Tyron ignores with his eyes closed. Rashell hits his lap.

" I added please.... And it's getting dark too."

Tyron opens his eyes.

" Are you that helpless?"

" It's not so, I have no choice."

" Do you have an extra tent?"
" No."

" Then get out."
" What?!"

" You heard me right. Get out."

Rashell walks out confused. Tyron takes another tent from his bag and walks out to fix it for Rashell. Rashell so happy, she smiles uncontrollably.

" Can you stop smiling! It's creepy."
She rolls her eyes.

" I'm done, you can rest now and if you destroy it again, that's it." He says and begins to walk away.

" Wait! Thanks."
" Save it. You should at least use your common sense to carry everything extra."

He says and walks away. Rashell smirks and repeats his words playfully.