Chapter 62

Maclin Home

Mr. Maclin is in the living room watching a documentary.  Tyron walks in. Tyron ignores his presence and heading to his room, he stops him.

" I've been waiting for a response from you."
" I know."

" So is it a yes?"
" No. I'm not leaving this country to Singapore. I'm gonna stay here."

" Young man, I asked you in a friendly way . Have you really thought about the benefits?"
" Dad, I don't care about it. All I care and want is to be happy and not leave."

" Tyron it's business we're talking about and not happiness. You don't put business aside for pleasure, things that will make you happy. It's a whole different level and life. You should know this."

" I don't want to stop trying to force me!!"
" I'm not forcing you!! Is it because of her?"

" Who?" He growls

" Rashell Virginia Olivares. You think I don't know? I'm your father, I watch you when I can. I allow you to do what you want so just understand."

" It's not because of Rashell but my decision. I won't go." He says and starts to walk away.

" Oh really? Tyron don't you dare walk out on me!!!"

Tyron halts.

" I won't force you but bear in mind when I drop, you fall with me to the bottom and don't push me to do something I don't want to."

Tyron walks away in anger.

" Honey...you should think about what you're asking him to do. It's something new and hard to swallow."

" Brie this is not about him but us. Our family, life. So talk to that son of yours before I loose my temper."

Mrs. Brie walks to her son's room.
Knocks

" Who's there?"
" Me."

" Come in."
" Son, don't you think you're overreacting?"

" How?"

" It's just a business deal. You'll be back within a week. It won't be for long. You can tell Rashell about it. She'll probably listen and understand."

" I don't want to leave mum. It's not totally about Rashell...I just don't want to leave."

" Hmmm.. Rashell, is she...?"
" My girlfriend? Yh she is and I really love her."

" Huh!! No one is stopping you from dating her. All we ask from you is just an escort and you'll be back before you know it."

" I won't change my mind  mum. I'm sorry."

His mum sighs deeply and walks out.

In bed, he thinks about everything. Rashell is the reason why he doesn't want to go.

He just found his love and you expect him to leave for a business deal you've been doing your life time. In his dad's office, he engages in a phone call.

" Don't worry, he'll be there. Thank you very much "
Hangs up.

Tyron's dad is asking Tyron to follow him for a reason if not he wouldn't bother involving him. He tries to find a way to get Tyron on the jet with him to Singapore.

Two days later

" Are you seriously going for love in place of business?? What do you even know about love?!!"