- 5 -

Will

Smiling as I watched the male pulled out Christmas decorations, he didn't fully enjoy Christmas but he liked seeing how happy I got over it and I always watched over the male because I knew how the memories effect him. Wrapping my arms around him with a smile as I pecked his cheek as he tried to replicate it though he just sighed, I'd done my best trying to make Christmas he's looked forward to and he'd improved, the first few he'd just hide in his room and be reluctant to open presents though he'd always get us some but one thing he'd always refuse was a Christmas dinner. The thought of sitting down at a table and reliving that moment seemed to play in his mind like a broken movie, he knew that their was no way that would happen, that he was deep down safe but it was a trauma response to avoid it and I wasn't gonna force him.

"Guess what I brought" I grinned as I pulled out the packets of mistletoe.

"Seriously?" He spoke amused.

"Im putting it everywhere" I hummed before going back to decorating the tree, he sighed, joining in as he was quiet reluctant about it.

"We're here!" Riley called out as Sam and Oliver followed them.

"Hey!" I smiled as they set the presents down as we usual celebrated Christmas at ours and the male disappeared instantly.

"How is he?..." Sam sighed.

"Better than last year?" I reasoned, "didn't have a nightmare at least..."

"That's good" Riley nodded as I headed into the kitchen to start making dinner and the male soon came back out and by the time I'd assume he'd taken his medication which were just antidepressants.

"You okay?..." I whispered when he came over and he nodded slightly.

Leaning over and pecking his lips, "go sit down.. I'll sort out the food..."

"Okay.." he mumbled before walking away and sitting on the couch beside Sam as Riley attempted to play uno with Oliver which I could already see going badly, glancing at Sam as he talked to Alex who made small answers.

I hated that the male was still effected even after the cruel man was put away and Dan was no longer apart of our lives anymore, he refused to go to counselling again since he didn't see the point of it but I was worried that one day he'd drop too point he would attempt his life or hurt himself in any form, or loose his 7 months of being sober. We didn't count him drinking as a social gathering as breaking his work but rather getting drunk or blacking out, it was why I never let him run off after a fight because I knew deep down he'd want to drown his thoughts with alcohol without even thinking about how hard he's worked.

Soon setting the food out for them on the coffee table before sitting down beside Alex who scrolled through his phone knowing he'd probably didn't want to be social which I didn't blame him for. Rubbing his shoulder as I'd draped my arm around him as he leaned into my side with a small smile as he turned his phone off, soon hearing the door as I got up to answer it as I stared at the tall male confused as he had dirty blonde hair and was shorter than Alex by a few centimetres except he had a lankier build.

"Uh, I'm Luke" he smiled as he put his hand forward as Riley appeared behind me.

"Luke!" He beamed before hugging the male before inviting him in but when Riley went to follow I grabbed his arm hurting him.