-21-

2003

Y/n excitedly approached Taehyung, Chaeryeong, and Jimin, hoping to join their playtime. "Hey, can I play with you guys?"

Taehyung exchanged glances with the others, and they hesitated before dismissing her.

"You're too young, Y/n. Maybe next time." Taehyung replied.

“I am old enough,” She said. But her siblings and Taehyung told her to go inside.

Feeling rejected, Y/n decided to play with the neighbor kids. Unfortunately, the fun turned into a mishap, and she ended up hurting her knee.

Taehyung, realizing Y/n was missing, went outside to search for her and found her injured. The neighbors' kids left her after she started crying.

"Y/n, what happened? Are you okay?" He asked. She was just crying. “It's fine, don't cry,” He brushed off the sand from her leg.

“Can you walk?” He held her hand and tried to make her stand up but her knee was injured.

“Get on my back.” He exclaimed. Gently lifting her onto his back, he carried her home.

She put her chin over his shoulder, her cheeks were pressed against him. Taehyung took a heavy breath, he felt weird with her.

Y/n, anticipating scolding, was surprised when Taehyung showed kindness. "I'm sorry, Tae. I didn't mean to get hurt."

Taehyung, with concern in his eyes, reassured her. "Don't worry about it. I'm more concerned about you. Let's get you home."

As they walked, Taehyung's tone softened.

"You know, Y/n, you can always play with us. It doesn't matter if you're the youngest. We just want you to be safe." That was the reason he doesn't play with her, because he is afraid that she would get hurt while playing.

Y/n, touched by his words, smiled through the pain. "Thanks, Tae. I thought you'd be mad."

"Nah, I'm not mad. Let's play together next time, okay?"

Arriving home, Taehyung made sure Y/n was comfortable. "And don't forget, you're always welcome to join us. We're friends, right?"

Y/n nodded, grateful for Taehyung's unexpected kindness.

He told her that she can play after she recovers, so Y/n was waiting for the day her knee would recover, but when she did, he asked Taehyung to play with her.

He refused to play with her.

“But Tae! You said you will play with me.” she whined.

“You will get hurt again,” Taehyung said.

“I will not,” She pulled Taehyung's sleeves. “Please,”

Before Taehyung could say anything they both heard something. It was Taehyung's and Y/n’s father. It seems like they both were arguing over something.

Taehyung got curious and wanted to know what the fight was about, as they both are best friends. But then he noticed Y/n, who looked scared.

“Fine, come let's play.” He held her hand.

“Why are dad and Uncle yelling?” She asked.

“They are friends, friends argue, don't worry.” He said as he walked away and went to the front yard. He told her that but he was worried too.

“They look mad at each other.” She exclaimed.

“Of course you dumbo, when someone is arguing they are mad at each other.” Taehyung said.