-39-

Mr. Park leaned in closer to Hanni, his expression stern yet curious. "Are you pretending, Hanni? Or are you actually in love with Taehyung?"

Hanni hesitated, her eyes darting away for a moment before meeting his gaze squarely. He holds her wrist firmly, twisting them and then he asks her again. She was scared that he would know that she is on Taehyung's side.

"I'm pretending," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. "It was all part of your plan. Taehyung fell for me because of your manipulation. I am still doing what you tell me to do.”

He wanted Taehyung to leave Y/n, and have misunderstanding between them, he only let Taehyung go when he thought that now Taehyung would be at his side.

A flicker of satisfaction passed across Mr. Park's face before he composed himself again. "Good," he said, his tone cold and calculating. "That's what I needed to hear."

He patted her head and smiled. She flinches at his touch.

Hanni's heart sank as she realized the implications of his words. "What do you mean?" she asked, her voice trembling slightly.

"I mean," Mr. Park began, his eyes narrowing, "that it's time for you to go away from Taehyung. Permanently."

Hanni's breath caught in her throat, "Disappear?" she whispered, her voice barely audible.

Mr. Park nodded, his expression unwavering. "Yes. I want you to disappear. It's the only way to protect what we've built. Die, I don't know fake death or actually die, I don't care. But I want you out of the picture now.

Hanni swallowed hard, feeling a surge of fear and betrayal. She had known Mr. Park was ruthless, but she never imagined he would demand something so extreme. But she has seen worse. She knows he is worse.

As she stood there, facing him, she realized that she had been nothing more than a pawn in his game. He stepped away before leaving her alone. She was standing there also frozen now.

As Taehyung approached Hanni, his expression filled with concern, he asked, "Hey, what were you and Mr. Park talking about?"

“He wants me to disappear.” She said, “He is not going to k!ll me right?” She asked, staring at Taehyung.

“Hey, relax okay? Nothing will happen. I promised you that I will be with you right?” Taehyung said.

Hanni forced a smile, trying to mask the turmoil inside her. "Thank you,” She mumbled. He has been treating her like a younger sister.

Hanni doesn't have a family of her own, then she was trapped in Mr. Park's games. Only now she felt like there is someone who cares about him.

Taehyung studied her for a moment, “Are you okay?”

“Yes.” She replied. He nodded slowly. "Okay, if you say so," he said, though there was a lingering doubt in his voice.

They then went to a meeting they were there to attend. Taehyung was keeping Hanni with him, because he was worried that she would get hurt in absence of him. Even now, he just left for a few minutes and Mr. Park was threatening her.

___

Y/n watches the police officers question her father about the allegations of tax evasion. Y/n stands nervously by the doorway, her hands fidgeting with anxiety.

When Mr. Park saw Police he was worried about being caught for many things, that tax evasion felt like nothing to him.

Taehyung was sitting in the room too, and she was feeling nervous because of him.