-34-

Jungkook entered his room, his expression immediately shifting as he spotted Chaeryeong sitting on his bed just staring at her phone.

He sighed, "You've kind of killed the vibe in here," he remarked, his tone tinged with frustration. "I don't even feel like even entering this room now."

Jungkook said and went to his wardrobe, he was here to take something out of his closet, or else he would rather not even enter this room because of Chaeryeong.

Chaeryeong hears his words, feeling a pang of offense. "Then don't come here," she protested, hurt evident in her voice.

Jungkook took a step closer, his demeanor softening as he reached out a hand to gently touch her shoulder.

She looked at him, his hand moved from her shoulder to her chin, he held her face. “You should go outside more. It'll be good for you," he suggested, his gaze sincere.

Her defenses softened slightly as she met his gaze, his words having a subtle impact on her. "I don't see why it matters, it was you who told me inside," she muttered, but there was a hint of curiosity in her tone.

“Now I am telling you to go outside, I don't like you being depressed like this.” He said, Chaeryeong was finding his sudden change of behavior weird.

“You like women like Y/n, but I don't want to be like that, I have no interest in working or doing a 9-5 job.” She replied.

“Are you not interested in your modeling career?” He asked.

“Modeling Career? No one will let me make my career as a model.” She replied.

“You are still pretty, you can succeed as a model. And I will support you,” he said. Chaeryeong stared at him. "And I think you'd be great for a photoshoot. Actually, I've been approached by a company, and I think you'd be perfect for it."

She was not interested until she heard the company name, it was the same brand she dreamed of working with for years.

Chaeryeong's eyes widened in surprise, her initial reluctance melting away at the unexpected offer. "But dad will get upset, he dislikes such professions.”

“You don't have to worry, just trust your husband. I know I have not been a good partner but here I want to help you like a friend.” he said. Chaeryeong was friends with Jungkook before and he was always the one who would support her dream of becoming a model.

Jungkook smiled reassuringly, his hand still resting on her shoulder. "You'll be amazing, trust me," he said softly, his confidence contagious. "And I'll be there to support you every step of the way. I can't promise you a relationship as a husband but I can promise the support of a friend.”
__

Chaeryeong missed this, she missed the studio, flashing lights, this environment.

She was confident, her steps echoing against the polished floors. There were rows of clothes, shoes, accessories on the first side. It was a well known prestigious luxury brand.

But as the hours stretched on, Chaeryeong's excitement began to disappear, replaced by a creeping unease. Something felt off.

The promised luxury seemed to dissolve into a haze of hurried setups and chaotic direction.

"Is everything alright, Chaeryeong?" A girl doing her makeup whispered, concern etched in her eyes.

Chaeryeong forced a smile, brushing off the doubt that gnawed at her. "Of course, everything's fine," she replied, though her tone betrayed her uncertainty.

As the shoot progressed, Chaeryeong's suspicions grew. The lavish backdrop felt increasingly like a facade, And then, when she was asked to change the clothes, it was clear to her that this was not a regular shoot, it was a brand’s new launch, this wasn't a prestigious shoot; it was a scam.