-30-

Flashback,

Aera sat in front of the mirror in the makeup room, her reflection showing her beautiful self. She smiled a little, as the makeup artist complimented how she looks.

She knows that she is pretty, she has been hearing this since her childhood. And now she is using that as profession.

Her manager entered, a serious expression etched on her face.

"Aera, I have some news for you," her manager began, her tone cautious. "Kim Seunghyun is here to see you."

Aera's heart sank at the mention of his name. She had hoped to avoid any encounter with him, especially after what happened between them.

She has met all type of people while working in this industry, but Seunghyun and his ways of approaching her shocks her.

Her discomfort evident, Aera hesitated before responding. "I... I really don't want to see him," she confessed, her voice barely above a whisper.

Her manager's expression softened, but her tone remained firm. "I understand, Aera. But you need to meet him. The ad campaign you're shooting for is produced by him. It's important for your career. You can't afford to miss this opportunity. Otherwise, you'll have to go home."

Aera's shoulders slumped as she weighed her options. Taking a deep breath, she made a decision. With resolve in her eyes, she nodded. "Okay. I'll face him."

Her manager nodded in approval before leaving the room. Aera braced herself, stealing her nerves for her interaction  with Kim Seunghyun, knowing that her career depended on it.

Aera squared her shoulders as she entered the room where Kim Seunghyun awaited. His gaze met hers, and she could sense the tension crackling between them.

"Hello, Aera," he greeted, a hint of smugness in his tone.

Ignoring the pleasantries, Aera cut straight to the point. "What do you want, Seunghyun?"

He smiled, leaning back in his chair. “From Mr. Kim directly called my first name, I did like the improvement.”

Aera was just staring back straight, without any soft expression. Seunghyun then continued, "I thought we could catch up over lunch. Discuss the campaign, perhaps."

Aera's jaw clenched. She knew better than to trust his intentions. "I'm not interested in lunch. Let's stick to business."

His smile faltered, replaced by a cold glint in his eyes. "Very well, Aera. But I must remind you of something. Your little secret, tucked away in your family history. Do you really want the world to know? I heard your parents are living here illegally, is that really true? How sad it would be for them to get torture and have a jail time at this age.”

Aera felt the blood drain from her face as she realized what he was implying. Her hidden past, carefully guarded and shielded from the public eye, threatened to unravel at his hands.

"You wouldn't dare," she whispered, her voice trembling with fear and anger.

Seunghyun leaned forward, his expression menacing. "Oh, I would. And with that, your modeling career would come crashing down.”

Aera's hands clenched into fists as she fought to maintain her composure. She knew she was trapped, she doesn't want to risk losing everything she had worked so hard for.

With a heavy heart, she conceded defeat. "Fine, Seunghyun. I'll have lunch with you. But know this, I won't let you destroy me.”

“Dinner too honey.” He said.