39. " This Is My Day."

And finally our youngest as well turned 30! 🎂

Can't believe he grew up right before our eyes 🥹! But he's still our baby! 💚

Happy Birthday, Harreh ! 🎂

______

Word Count : 11k

~~~~~~

(October 2016, London)

———

Ever since Harry's heart was shattered by the bitter reality of that awful night, he promised himself that no matter what he'd never let a thing like that happen to him again.

That night, he promised himself to never look into someone's eyes and search for the feeling that could make him feel like he was in the seventh heaven but the same could also become the reason to make him felt hard to even breathe as he was flushing the ashes of those burnt love-letters and card down the toilet.

Though those hazel eyes were shedding tears all he could feel them were like acid on his skin. The muscles in his throat tightened as he wanted to scream and shout but couldn't get a single word out of his mouth.

That night was the beginning of something that changed him completely. The change which he never expected, never wanted but still happened.

But little did he know the promise he made that night to himself wouldn't stay forever and would be broken by someone whom he could have never imagined himself to be with.

The words Harry just spoke, he's been holding onto them since the night he found Louis dancing in their home theater.

The night which tumbled down so many walls cleared so many misunderstandings and doubts. That was also the night when he finally became aware of his emotions.

That night was finally the "it moment" for him. The moment he was so scared of but at the same time waiting eagerly to come true. His heart almost forgot how to function when the reality hit him like a bucket of cold water was thrown at him.

But he couldn't do it back then. He knew it wasn't the right time, especially not right for the person next to him because of his intoxicated state of mind. It wouldn't have been a genuine experience for him if he had told in that condition.

Harry needed him to be aware of the moment he first expressed his feelings for Louis, he needed to see his actual emotions when the blue-eyed boy would hear those words. He needed to see the color rushing through his cheeks, turning his cute nose into a cherry. He flippin' needed to see the tears of happiness glimmering in those azure eyes making them look like the most beautiful eyes that ever existed in the world!

Because he knew this moment was as important to Louis as it was to him. And that's why he kept those words to himself for the time being.

Both of them were lying on their sides facing each other. Louis was resting his head on Harry's right arm as the latter had wrapped it over his husband's shoulder meanwhile Louis' left hand was tangled with it. His free hand was still cupping Harry's left side of the face. On the other hand, Harry was stroking the corner of his eyes with his left thumb.