3. Proposal, Insecurities and Conditions. (Part - 1)

(April 2016, San Antonio)
.

When the morning arrived Anne had a storm going inside her head about all scenarios that could happen. All the bad things that she didn't want to but could possibly go wrong. But Robin was there to help her to calm down and she was more than happy that she found a man like him in her life. When they both woke up that morning, Anne told him about her decision and he too agreed with her.

So here they were, both couple having a lazy day in the living room, while the twins were of to school, elder sisters were out with their friends and Louis just walked out of the door to do some grocery shopping. Anne gave a look to Robin as asking 'if it was the time? ' which he answered by nodding his head.

'Here we go....', Anne thought in her mind.

"Jay, Mark." , they both turn their attention to the voice. And Anne had never been this nervous ever before, damn she never were this nervous when she was walking down the aisle for the first time, but here she was proposing his son's marriage to his might be future in-laws, being nervous as heck.

"I seriously don't even know how to put this or say this but Shit I'm so nervous... " , she immediately slapped her hand over her mouth. "I'm really sorry I didn't mean to swear, not now that it's a important moment but I'm sorry I'm really nervous right now. "

Mark and Jay just laughed a little but after seeing Anne's nervousness Jay said, "hey don't get all worked up. Is it something important ?" Anne nodded .

"OK, we'll do one thing. We'll go to the kitchen and make some tea and snacks for everyone and while doing it maybe you can tell me about it ?" Anne sighs in relief but then she says, " well it includes Mark too. So..... "

"well you can tell me first and after you feel better you can tell him too, maybe along with the tea, Huh? " Jay offers with a warm smile which Anne accepts after getting a nod from her husband. "okay. "

When the two women enter in the kitchen Jay gives Anne a nod to go on while she start preparing for snacks . "First of all.... before I ask you the question, can you promise, you won't throw me and my husband out of your house if you didn't like it? Please because that would be really embarrassing. Just promise me. "

Jay laughs at this and says, "what are you talking about. I'll never do that to you, even if I wanted to. Because my first born will kill me if I even dared to touch you anything other than the intentions of love and care....... Sometimes it seems likes he loves you more than me. "

Anne smiles and nods, she knows how much Louis likes her and she loves him too. That was the reason she was having this conversation. "well... I want to ask you something, I mean not ask but I have a proposal for you and Mark both. If you guys get agree with it."

Jay gives Anne a confused look but nods to letting her know to continue.

"Ok, so here goes nothing....... Since the day we first met Louis in Chicago, it's like he wrapped us around his fingers. Your son is really an amazing boy, no doubts, hands down. And now after meeting you all, I get it where did he got all of that. So all I'm saying is that we like your son alot, I mean it was not only Louis who missed us after Chicago but me and Robin as well. And trust me I don't even know that if I can ever let him go away from me now. So here I'm proposing is...... that I want Louis to be a part of my family."

After her rambling ends, Anne tries to look up from where she was staring at the ground to Jay for the first time. Jay stopped what she was doing a while ago when Anne started talking but she was still confused because she couldn't figure out the line 'I want Louis to be a part of my family ' . Was she wanted to adopt him or something like that.