18. "Protected."

[ A/N : I tried to update this chapter 2 days ago but it got deleted right away. So here I am trying to update again. Let's hope it stays this time. 😊 6.4 k words ]

(June 2016, London)
.

Harry and Mr. Martin were sitting in the living room, Harry was waiting for his call to end. As soon as they walked inside, Mr. Martin's phone started ringing and he excused himself to answer the call. Harry was getting impatient, it was already getting late to get back home, he was worried about Louis, even though he said he was feeling better.

" I'm so sorry, Harry, for making you wait, but it was an urgent call to take. But Now we can talk, and would you like to have some tea or drinks maybe ?" he asked generously.

" It's alright and thanks for the offer, but I'm okay. I just wanted to have you sign these papers for me . " Harry said keeping his calm and passed the file in his hand.

" Of course, but you could have just sent someone to bring me the papers, it wasn't necessary to personally bring them to me." He said picking up the file.

" Trust me, it has to be done by me. "

The guy gave Harry a curious look and started reading the file. His expressions start changing from confused to furious as he turn all the pages after reading them.

" What kind of sick joke is this, Harry ?" He asked, creasing his eyebrows in anger.

" That is not a joke, Preston. I want to break every partnership with your company. " Harry told him.

💭 Back story 💭

When Harry left his house, he went straight to his office to get the papers. He had them already prepared. Ever since Harry got to know about all of his frauds and double-crossing, he asked Perrie to make the papers ready for this kind of day.

When he reached there, Perrie was already in the office , she came back early from her leave. Harry told her that he wants to cancel all the contracts with Martin Constructions , and without questioning him about it, Perrie happily gave him the file. Actually she was the one who found out about what was Preston doing with his business, so it was obvious that she was happy with the decision .

Harry also had a chat with Des on the phone and explained him everything what happened last night, in brief. Des was furious about it after listening, and gave Harry permission to do anything he think would be right .

💭 End of the Back story 💭

" Styles, do you even know what your talking about ? " he said abruptly standing up.

" Yes, I do understand really well, what I'm doing. And that's why I came here by myself, instead of calling you to my office. " Harry casually said fixing his suit jacket.