28. "But We Cannot."

🗨️Comment  🌟Vote  🙃

Word Count : 13k

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

( September 2016, London)
.

It's been almost a week since Gemma got hurt on the treadmill, and now she was doing much better. Although all of her wounds were nearly healed, but she was still not allowed to workout for yet another week .

The way Harry reacted that day, none of them expected it after what happened with him Gemma and Niall, except Charlie. She knew even though Harry was angry with them, he would never hate any of them. All the time, Harry was away from home, he was in regular contact with Charlie to know about Gemma's health. He still wasn't ready to forgive them.

Harry shocked them all, when instead of staying four days in Milan, as it was decided before, he came back home within two days.

It was around 10 in the night, Louis, Gemma and Charlie were having dinner in Gemma's room, when main door of the house opened. Louis looked at the other two in confusion to make sure if they heard the door being opened as well.

None of them had dinner on the dining table ever since Harry stopped eating with them. They just can't bear to see his chair empty, while he was having dinner in another room, alone.

" Was that the door ?" Gemma asked.

"Let me check." Louis said as he put his plate on the side table, sipping some water from his glass, and walked out.

After putting his keys and travel bag aside next to the door, Harry was taking off his shoes. He was still in his business suit that he wore while attending the last meeting before he took the earliest flight to London, a few hours ago.

When Louis first saw him, he couldn't believe that Harry was back already.

" Harry ?" Louis said from where he was standing by the corridor to Gemma's room. His eyes wide and mouth gapping in shock.

The taller lad looked up at the sound of his voice.

" Hey."

Harry replied in a small voice. He was tired from all the stress and the amount of work he had done in the past hours. Ever since he reached Milan, he only took 6 hours of sleep and rest of the time either he was busy meeting clients, attending meetings or inspecting the construction site. He even had his food either in the car or while talking to his staff.

Harry tried to get everything done as soon as possible so he could get back home . He was worried about Gemma and because none of them told anything about that had happen ever since Niall's birthday, to any of their parents, it was Harry's responsibility to look after them all. No matter if he was putting himself in stress.

When Louis realized that Harry was actually standing there and he wasn't hallucinating him, a big smile crept on his face before he broke out into a full run, bolting towards him.

Harry barely had time to brace himself, before Louis was literally jumping into his arms and wrapping his legs around his waist, making him nearly crash back against the door.

He nuzzled his face into the crook of Harry's neck. Harry immediately curled one of his arms around his back and with other he held onto his thigh to keep him up. His eyes wide in shock.

But before Harry could even say or ask something, he felt Louis crying. His body was trembling with muffled sobs and Harry could feel his tears running down his own neck, where Louis' face was hidden.