Chapter 39

Another update in celebration of my day off.

The plane landed a few hours later and Noelle stood and followed Nick off the plane. "Do you know the Alpha's names?"

She racked her brain, trying to remember. She should have looked this stuff up last night, but she'd been distracted. Pacing the floor, thinking about Nick, and debating about linking him. She hadn't though, and she'd regretted it. "Alpha Elias and Alpha Arthur, though I don't remember their last names and I don't know their Luna's names."

Nick stopped at the bottom of the stairs to wait for her. "Arthur is mated to Amelia. Elias is not mated. His mate died in childbirth two years ago."

"Oh that's so sad." Noelle felt her heart ache for him.

"As far as I know, he hasn't taken a chosen mate yet, though he'll have to at some point. He doesn't have an heir." Nick looked up at the man who was approaching them. "Beta Lucas."

"Nicholas Seely. It's good to see you." The blond man bowed his head and then looked at Noelle. "And who might this lovely lady be?"

"This is Noelle Remington, my mate," Nick smiled at her and she felt her heart skip a beat at being referred to as his.

"You found your mate? Well, congratulations are in order! If I would have known that, I would have brought my own mate with me. Not that we have that far to go. Come on." He grabbed their bags from Nick and put them in the Jeep.

Nick and Noelle got in as well and they took off on the short drive to the pack house.

"So, Remington huh? Are you related to the King or something?" Lucas asked.

"Or something," Noelle laughed.

Nick snorted causing the Beta to look at him. "What am I missing?"

"She's the heir to the throne," Nick informed him.

The Beta hit the brakes and threw the Jeep into park, then turned around to look at Noelle. "You're the Princess?"

Noelle smiled at him.

He immediately bowed his head. "I apologize, Princess. I had no idea."

"It's perfectly fine, Beta." Noelle reassured him.

He looked at her again then took off up the road. "And you're mated to her?"

"I am," Nick responded, smiling at Noelle.

"Very interesting." Lucas pulled up to the pack house and put the Jeep into park.

Nick opened her door and she stepped out and looked around at the beautiful house. "Wow."

"This place has been here for a very long time," Nick said softly in her ear, wrapping an arm around her waist . "This is where your grandfather first laid eyes on his first mate."

Noelle shivered at his voice but still looked up on awe. They followed the Beta up the stairs and into the grand house. The Gamma, River was waiting to greet them inside. "Welcome to Northumbria." He bowed his head. "Beta, you're needed at the training grounds."

Lucas turned and bowed to them, then hurried out the door.

River stepped forward. "Alpha Elias is up in his office waiting for you. Then we'll serve you a late dinner."

"Sounds good," Nick said with a nod.

They followed him out down a hall and he stopped in front of a set of heavy wooden doors. He opened the doors and they walked inside.