Chapter 70

Noelle had slipped out of the hospital and back into the pack house to grab their bags and new clothes. She wasn't sure where Nick's clothes were and her top was ruined. She managed not to run into anyone and got back into Nick's room.

"Did you see anyone?" Nick asked when she walked back in.

"Nope. Well, no one I recognized." She handed him his bag, then opened her own and pulled out a new shirt. She slipped the ruined one off and tossed it, then pulled on the new one before turning back to Nick. Her mouth went dry.

He was standing there completely naked, pulling off the bandage on his chest. "Stop staring at me like that," he said suddenly.

"Like what?" she asked in confusion.

"Like you were that morning in California after I made you cum," he muttered, pulling the bandage fully off.

She swallowed at his words, feeling a surge of desire. She walked over to look at his chest. It was fully healed. "Is it still sore?"

"A bit." He turned to his bag, pulling out what he needed and began to dress.

Noelle walked away, trying to think about anything else except for the fact that they were both horny and desperate for each other. Not here. Not in Alex's hospital. Not before Nick had to execute his wife. The last thought cooled her ardor and she turned as Nick walked up to her fully dressed.

"Let's get this over with so we can go home," he said softly in her ear, as he wrapped an arm around her. He took her bag and opened the door.

Noelle walked with him out, hoping to not see the doctor again, but they didn't get far until they were stopped.

"Wait!"

They both looked up to see the doctor hurrying over to them.

"You can't leave yet! I haven't cleared you! You shouldn't even be out of bed." He stopped, looking Nick over, and frowned.

Nick raised his eyebrows at him, then lifted his shirt.

The doctor's eyes almost popped out of his head at the sight of Nick's perfectly healed chest. "You're healed?"

"I am. Last week I about had my guts ripped out and I didn't even get medical attention. Way worse than this," Nick told him.

What?

He was going to have to explain that one now. He'd told her he'd be dead if he wasn't immortal but he'd never gone into details. "Next time you try to stick a coroner on me, we're going to have a problem. But I appreciate you taking the bullet out. Now, I'm going to see your Alpha, and then I'm going home."

The doctor just stood there with his mouth hanging open as the couple turned and walked away.

You didn't tell me that you almost had your insides ripped out, Nick.

And you haven't told me what all happened to you at Salt Flats.

She looked at him and sighed. "True. Because I didn't want it to hurt you."

"And I didn't want to upset you," he responded, opening the door to the pack house.

"One day, but not today. You know most of it already."

He could feel that she was upset and dropped it. One day, but she was right. Not today.

They headed up to the Alpha's office, and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

Nick opened the door, letting Noelle walk in first. He followed her inside to find Alex sitting at his desk, Sebastian standing behind him. They both looked up in shock to see Nick alive and well.