Chapter 45

Noelle lay in Nick's bed later that night staring at the ceiling. He was still in the bathroom and she was nervous.

'I don't understand why you're nervous,' Holly said.

'Because we might..,'

'I know why, I just don't get it,' Holly huffed.

'You're not helping either,' Noelle told her.

'It's probably not going to be much different from our dream,' Holly said.

'I know,' Noelle sighed.

"Noelle?"

She opened her eyes and looked at Nick who was standing on the other side of the bed. Her gaze dropped down to his chest.

'Say something,' Holly prompted her.

"Hi."

Holly rolled her eyes.

"Hi." He settled down next to her, and pulled the blankets over himself.

Noelle hadn't moved.

Nick rolled over towards her and propped his head up on his hand. "Why are you nervous?"

Her gaze flicked up to him.

"You think we're having sex tonight?" He asked her.

"Are we?" She bit her lip.

"No. Relax. I might kiss you, and cuddle with you, but we're not getting it on until you're ready," Nick told her. He watched the tension leave her body, then laid back down himself before pulling her close.

Noelle snuggled into him and sighed. She wasn't even sure why she was nervous. But his hand began rubbing her back and it helped her to relax even more.

He tipped her chin up and kissed her and she sighed into his mouth as the kiss deepened. His hand continued to stroke her back, relaxing her, his lips still on hers. Finally he pulled back.

Noelle snuggled up against him, her hand resting on his bare chest. "Am I crazy to be nervous?"

"Are you still a virgin?" It was out of his mouth before he thought about it.

She looked up at him. "Yes."

He continued to stroke her back. "Then no. But even if you weren't, you could still be nervous."

She studied him for a moment. "You're not are you?"

He gave her his sexy half smile. "Well, at the moment no, but I probably will be a bit when it happens." She lifted her brows at him and he laughed. "You don't think I'd be nervous?"

"You're not a virgin," she said.

"I've never had sex with you though," he kissed her forehead.

She just smiled and laid her head back on his chest. Her fingers traced down over his abs, tracing the muscles. "I had a dream that we had sex."

"Oh yeah? Was it any good?"

She chuckled. "The sex? Yes."

"Was this while we were across the pond?" Nick asked curiously.

"No, it was before we went to Sierra Nevada," she said softly. She was still tracing his abs.

Nick's eyes widened at that. Before they'd been mates and even before they'd even messed around at the hotel. "When exactly?"

"While you were in the shower," Noelle ran her finger down his V cut, watching in fascination as his muscles jumped.

He was quiet for a moment. "When you fell asleep in the chair?"