Chapter 54

Noelle walked down the hall, glad Kane hadn't placed the band back around her arms. She breathed out slowly. She was picking up scents much easier now as Holly became fully awake in her mind.

He led her downstairs and avoided running into anyone, leading her outside. His speed picked up then and she hurried along with him and to a small building east of the pack house.

He opened the door for her and she walked inside. The smell of antiseptic hit her in the face, causing her to wrinkle her nose. There were three women working behind the desk, and they all looked up, then dropped their gazes.

Noelle noticed the way they tensed until they saw it was Kane, then they relaxed. It said a lot.

"Ladies. Caroline is here to see Dr. Stevens," he said.

One of them nodded and disappeared.

A few moments later a man in a white coat appeared. He frowned as he looked at Noelle. "Bring her back."

Kane held his hand out and Noelle walked in front of him. She noticed that the doctor was looking at her face and didn't let his gaze travel down.

She walked into the room and tried her best to control her breathing. She couldn't help but be nervous. Kane walked in behind her and shut the door.

Dr. Stevens immediately handed her a hospital gown and Noelle grabbed it and wrapped it around herself. So far, the doctor was already earning points with her.

He turned to Kane. "Why is she here? What the heck is Mason thinking?"

Kane's eyebrows shot up. "What do you mean?"

"Do you know who she is? Is he insane?" Stevens was practically shouting at him now.

Kane frowned at him and glanced at Noelle and shrugged. "He knows she's a member of Regal Eclipse. He plans to have her reject her pack and join ours."

Dr. Stevens just stared at him, his mouth hanging open. He pinched the bridge of his nose and rubbed a hand over his face. Then he started laughing.

Kane looked at him with a frown. "What am I missing?"

Noelle's gaze hadn't left the doctor's. She really hoped that Kane hadn't lied to her.

"She is the Luna Queen," Stevens said, his gaze back on Noelle.

Kane swung back to her, his mouth open.

"No I'm not," Noelle said.

"Bull. I saw you crowned," Stevens said, raising an eyebrow at her.

"You saw my mother crowned. We look enough alike to be sisters, but I'm not Jenna Remington," Noelle said with a sigh.

"You're Noelle," Stevens said quietly.

She nodded.

Kane frowned. "I thought your name was Caroline."

"That's my middle name. I go by it when I'd rather people not know who I am," Noelle explained.

"Smart," Kane muttered. Then he began to laugh as well. "Well, Stevens, we might be getting our wish. That idiot brother of mine has been touring the future Alpha Queen around naked, showing her every dirty deed he's done."

"Princess, do they know you're here?" Stevens asked her. "Your pack?"

"They will know I'm missing. Im not sure if they'll know where I am though," she admitted. She knew they would have figured that out by now. When she didn't show up for class, they would have started looking for her.