Chapter 47

A few hours later, they were in Jenna's bedroom. Jenna was propped up against the pillows on the bed while Aria sat next to her, pressing around gently on her stomach, hoping to feel her siblings kick. Noelle was seated at the foot of the bed watching them both.

She'd been told many times that she looked just like her mother. Aria was a blonde version of their mother. The three of them could easily pass for sisters given that Jenna still looked to be in her early twenties. They all had the same features and were all short. Jenna had green eyes, while Aria and Noelle shared their father's blue ones. Aria had gotten her blond hair from her grandmother, Charlotte.

Noelle had just spent the last half hour telling Aria about the mess with Alex.

"I am flying to Florida to kill him," Aria growled and then smiled as she was rewarded with a kick from one of the twins, like they were cheering on her announcement.

"You'll have to get in line," Jenna muttered to her.

Noelle smiled. It was nice to have the reassurance of how much she was loved by her family and pack members.

"How could he do such a thing to you?" Aria was completely disgusted for Noelle.

But she realized she was over it. She didn't hurt any more. She was focused on Nick now. He was the only one that mattered. She shrugged. "It's that pesky mate bond. Though I wish he would have marked his wife and this would have never happened. Plus, he's another arrogant Alpha."

"Yeah, but he still should have told you straight out instead of taking you home and expecting you just to deal with it. Alpha or not, common decency is a thing," Aria said in disgust.

"To top it all off, he came here and had the audacity to beg her to take him back," Jenna said. She would have gone down there and given him a piece of her mind if Daniel would have let her. But he was worried she'd go into early labor and had prevented her from doing so. She hadn't been happy with him over that.

"What?" Arya stared at her sister in shock.

"Yeah though, honestly I think it was more a power thing than anything else. He thought that by taking me back, he could be King. I was like, yeah, it doesn't work that way. And that was the final red flag as well. The power would have gone straight to his head," Noelle sighed. Looking back, there were so many red flags. She hadn't seen them then because she hadn't wanted to and she'd wanted it to work out, but even though she'd chosen to ignore most of them, she knew deep down in her heart, it wasn't going to work. And that alone had been heartbreaking.

"And what about his wife?" Aria asked. It was so unusual for werewolves to get married. No one in their pack was married. They just had mating ceremonies which were practically the same thing, and then names would be legally changed if they so choose. Her mother had taken Daniel's last name and changed Noelle's as well, adding Daniel's name to the birth certificate. She had left it off at first because she didn't know his full name.

"Oh he offered to divorce her for me," Noelle shook her head. She was still wondering how Evangelina was handling all of that. Nick had told her they'd been together before they turned eighteen and had been married longer than Noelle had been eighteen, but knowing your husband was willing to divorce you at the drop of a hat would definitely put a strain on their relationship.

"I think at that point I'd divorce him," Aria grumbled.

"I highly doubt he'd let her." He was very controlling. She'd noticed it in the way he'd treated her the entire time she'd been around him.

Aria rolled her eyes. "So how are you now? After having him reject you."

"I'm fine." Noelle smiled at her. She was more than fine, except that she was missing Nick terribly.