Chapter 68

Noelle had been pacing the waiting room for a good twenty minutes. She was antsy, and wouldn't be fine until Nick was healed and was back in her arms.

"Princess?"

She looked up to see the doctor, Alex and Sebastian walk into the room. "Yes?"

"I am so sorry to inform you, but Mr. Seely is dead," the doctor said quietly. "It's been at least thirty minutes since his heart stopped."

"Did you take the bullet out?" Somehow she doubted it.

"We've called the coroner in," Alex told her. "He'll remove it and prepare the body for burial. I'm so sorry, Noelle."

She sighed in exasperation as her phone started to ring. She could feel Holly's fury at them.

'Answer the phone,' Holly growled in her mind.

She pulled it out and saw it was her father. "Dad?"

"Hey, are you guys back yet? I've tried to call Nick, but he's not answering," Daniel said.

She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. She really hated to tell him this. Not now. "No, we're still in Florida. They're bringing in a coroner for Nick."

"What?" Daniel growled. "Why?"

"Alex's deranged wife shot him," Noelle told him.

"Let me talk to him," he said in a deadly voice.

Noelle handled the phone over to Alex, a smirk on her face. "He wants to talk to you."

She saw fear in his eyes as he took the phone. "Alpha?"

"Would you like to explain to me what happened?" Daniel growled at him.

Alex sighed. "My wife showed up at breakfast and tried to kill Noelle. Nick and I jumped in front of Noelle, and he took the bullet. His lung was punctured and it grazed his heart. He's gone, Alpha."

"Was the bullet removed?" Daniel asked him.

"Not yet. The coroner is coming up, and will take care of it. We will prepare the body for burial and send him home." Alex ran a hand over his face.

"Noelle asked you to remove the bullet." It wasn't a question.

"Yes Alpha, but we were more concerned with the fact that he wasn't breathing," Alex told him. "My doctor is one of the best."

"You will tell your doctor to get in there and remove the bullet," Daniel told him.

"The coroner will do that, Alpha." He had no idea why they were so obsessed with removing that bullet. "I would rather my doctor perform surgery on the Princess now."

"Why?" The question was a deadly one.

"Evangelina fired a second bullet before we could stop her. It's in her shoulder. It needs to be removed quickly. I'm actually surprised she's still standing," he admitted. This was NOT the conversation he wanted to be having with the Alpha King.

"Alpha Alex, you listen to me closely. You will tell your doctor to get in there and remove that bullet from Nick now, or I will come down there and slaughter your entire pack!" Daniel shouted at him.

Alex stared at the phone, as fear coursed through him. "Yes, Alpha." His gaze darted to the doctor who nodded and disappeared.

"You get that bullet out of Nick, then you worry about my daughter. You understand?" Daniel growled.

"Yes, Alpha." That shocked him. He figured Daniel would be more concerned about his daughter than he would Nick, who was dead. His gaze darted to Noelle. She was too calm. It had to be the silver, disconnecting her from her wolf. His heart broke for her, knowing the turmoil she was going to experience once she was reconnected with her wolf. To lose two mates. This was all his fault.