Chapter 62

"Caroline? I'd like to see you before you leave."

She looked up at her Leadership teacher and nodded. "Okay." Mr. Wolfe was his name, which she found ironic. He was the only one of her teachers who didn't know who she was.

Astrid had told her she'd asked them not to tell him. She'd worked with the man for two years now and she really didn't care for him. He didn't think she should be teaching history. He was one of those who didn't believe a woman could be an Alpha. The dossier he'd received at the beginning of the year had been vague about her, and Astrid said she doubted he'd read it anyway.

Mr. Wolfe was from the Dakota Pack located in South Dakota. He was ancient and had been an Alpha many years ago. His grandson was the current Alpha. Noelle knew he disapproved of her being in his class, but he had no choice in the matter.

Do you want me to stick around? Finn linked her before he left class

I'm not worried about it. He's probably wanting to talk to me since I missed class yesterday

He doesn't approve of you. Finn pointed out the obvious

I'm aware.

I'm not going to go far. If you need me I'll come back, just link me.

Thank you, Finn

He got up and walked out of the class. Noelle slowly stood up herself and walked up to his desk. "Mr. Wolf."

"You missed class yesterday, Caroline." He sent her a disapproving glare.

"Yes, I did." Obviously.

"I don't appreciate people missing my class, especially you." He was still glaring.

She hadn't missed the especially you. "Why is that? Am I failing?" She knew she wasn't, but she was a little bit annoyed.

"No, I wouldn't say you're failing but missing one class can hurt your grade. I'm not really sure why you're taking this class. Is your father an Alpha?" He looked back down to his opened textbook.

"Yes he is."

"And he plans to let you take over his pack one day." It was more of an accusation than a question.

"He does."

"Does he not have any sons?" He flipped a page in his book.

She wanted to roll her eyes at him but she didn't. Not that he'd see her anyway. He was only half interested in this conversation, which really irritated her. He had no respect for her whatsoever simply because she was a woman. "Yes, he has a son." And two more on the way.

"Then why did he choose you?"

"Because I'm the eldest. My brother is only five, not that it matters," she folded her arms.

He frowned and looked back up at her. "Is your father old?"

Noelle almost laughed at that. "You could say that."

He looked at her in disgust. "I don't approve of women becoming Alphas. It's a man's position. Has your pack ever had a woman for an Alpha before?"

And there it was. "No they never have. I'm the first."

"And you think you can command respect as a woman?"

"No, Mr. Wolfe. I don't think it. I know it. I will have respect from the other Alphas," or I will beat their asses.

"And you're not mated?" His gaze flicked up to her neck, ignoring what she'd just said.

Like it was any of his business. "I just found my mate."