Chapter 56

Mason suddenly grabbed Noelle's arm, pulling her to a stop. "You didn't tell me you were the Alpha King's daughter!"

She turned to him. "You didn't ask. I told you who I was when I challenged you. It's not my fault you're an idiot. Get your hand off of me before I rip it off your body!"

He glared at her but let her go. She turned and walked out to where Kane was standing, focusing on the sound of Mason moving behind her. She wouldn't put it past him to attack her before the fight began.

Nick's scent floated through the air and under her nose, claiming her attention and she breathed it in deeply. She'd missed that scent so much. She wanted to look for him but she needed to be patient. She couldn't wait to see him again.

She hated this for him. His mate, standing there naked in front of hundreds of men. It was cruel and just another way for Mason to humiliate her and to piss off her father and her mate. She wondered if now that he was aware of who she was, he was regretting his actions. Somehow she doubted it. He was too arrogant.

She stood on one side of Kane while Mason stood on the other as Kane talked. Do not harm Kane, she linked her father. I'll talk to you about him later. The group of guys off to the left, they all are guilty of rape.

Understood, came back his reply.

She knew exactly where he was at. She'd pinpointed Nick's scent but she couldn't bring herself to look at him. A small part of her was afraid Nick might reject her after this. She really couldn't blame him if he did. But she couldn't allow herself to dwell on that right now.

So much had happened in the last week, and she felt like after the whirlwind of her life, she needed some normalcy. Hopefully with Nick.

"You may begin!"

She turned and watched Mason. He'd pulled off his shirt and had on just a pair of shorts now. He smirked at her. He wasn't quite as big as his brother, and Noelle wondered if he'd slacked off on training since he'd taken over as Alpha.

She waited patiently for him to come at her, focusing on only him and not the men that were surrounding them, their eyes on her.

"I think you're regretting this, challenging me," Mason said. "If you want to submit to me, I'd be more than happy to end this now. Save you the embarrassment of it. And then I'll just breed you right here for everyone to see."

Noelle forced herself to remain calm. If there was one thing she'd discovered about Mason during this whole entire mess, it was that he talked way too much. "You know Mason, I think you really enjoy the sound of your own voice. Since I've been here, you've talked non-stop."

It had the desired affect and he growled at her and lunged for her. She stepped out of the way, letting him go flying by her and into the sand. He rounded quickly and headed towards her, slamming into her. She grunted as she hit the ground, but quickly worked her way out from under him.

After that, she attacked him full force, slamming her fists into him until he could barely defend himself. She heard his ribs break more than once, with a satisfying crunch. His nose was broken, his face a bloody mess, and she was pretty certain his wrist was broken as well. Why he didn't shift into his wolf, she didn't know, but as soon as she got the opportunity, she slammed her fist up into his ribs. She heard his gasp for air as a rib punctured his lung, dropping him to his knees. She stood before him and grabbed his head by the hair lifting it so that he was looking at her.

He glared at her and she smiled as she brought out her claws and sliced open his throat. Blood sprayed across her body as she watched him drop and she released a deafening growl and threw her powerful aura over the onlookers, showing them who was Queen. The only one that remained standing was her father. Even her mate dropped to his knees, as she slammed her powerful aura down on them all. She was absolutely furious.