Chapter 37

Oliver came running out of his room and grabbed Noelle's hand. "Are you leaving again?"

She nodded. "I'm going on a trip to England."

"Why?" He asked.

"I'm going to a treaty signing. Business." She didn't know the details yet. She'd made up her mind to sit with Nick at dinner and ask him about it but he hadn't even come down for dinner. She felt like she'd spent the whole entire time looking for him but he never made an appearance.

"Boring," Oliver said, as they all boarded the elevator.

Noelle smiled at him. "I'll be back though."

"You're never home," Oliver accused, looking up at her.

"I will be more soon, but I'm not going to live with you anymore," she said.

"Where will you live?" Oliver asked her with a frown.

"Here still, just in a different apartment," Noelle explained.

"So the babies can have your room?" He asked.

"Yes. They'll get my room."

"What about Aria?" Oliver asked, referring to their sister.

"She still has a year left of school, then she'll be back, too," she told him.

"Will she live with us?" he asked.

"I don't know. Depends on if she finds her mate," she sighed.

Oliver wrinkled his nose in disgust and Noelle laughed.

"One day you'll like girls and love and all that," she giggled.

"I like you. Can you be my mate?" Oliver asked.

He was so innocent. "No buddy. It doesn't work that way. Plus I already have a mate."

"You do?" His mouth shaped into a big O.

"I do." She smiled at him.

The elevator opened and everyone got off and headed down to the dining room.

Noelle breathed in deeply, searching for Nick's scent. He wasn't here. She frowned, disappointed and got in line. Was he going to miss breakfast too?

She fixed a plate, then made herself a latte, before debating where to sit. She wanted to sit with him, but he wasn't making it easy, when he was always late to the meal. Or was she just always super early?

She finally gave up and sat down at her parent's usual table and began to eat.

'He's coming,' Holly said, lifting her head.

She caught his scent before he entered the room and waited with anticipation to see him. He walked in a moment later and headed straight for the line.

Noelle couldn't tear her eyes off of him. He looked so good this morning in his dark jeans and black t-shirt that stretched across his muscular chest. She was so drawn to him, her body tingling in anticipation that he might look at her. She felt like a horny teenager crushing on the star football player who would never even notice her. He finished making his plate and poured himself a cup of coffee and turned, his gaze finally settling on her.

She could see his eyes glowing from across the room, and then he walked over and sat down at his usual table. She frowned, disappointed that he hadn't sat with her again.

'He's not going to unless you invite him,' Holly told her. 'He's waiting for you.'

Noelle realized that Holly was right. She did need to invite him. Going on this trip with him would help. She ate the rest of her breakfast slowly, her eyes on him. He hadn't looked at her again, and was talking to his brother. She finally finished and walked over to make herself another latte.