Chapter 49

Noelle's first class on Monday morning was Werewolf History. She was taking a three month long Leadership class for Alphas. The history portion of it was taught by Astrid.

Given everything that had happened since the last time she'd been in this class, the history books would need to be updated, she thought ruefully.

She had seven more weeks to go. Seven more weeks and she could go home. It felt like an eternity.

'It will be better when Mate is here,' Holly told her.

'I know. I just miss everyone. I'm tired of being away,' Noelle told her.

'So am I,' Holly agreed.

She'd at least woken up to a text from Nick, which had immediately put her in a good mood.

Good Morning, Darling.

She'd smiled happily. Good morning. I hope you slept well.

I did. I'll talk to you a bit later.

She'd headed to class with a smile on her face.

Her class was a small one. It had started out with only six people, and now they were down to five. Finn and Liam were both in the class along with two other Alphas.

Noelle got to class before anyone else and sat down at her usual table. She pulled out her things. She should have gone before class to get a latte. She'd been distracted by Nick.

Finn walked in a few moments later and sat down. "How are you this morning?"

"Good."

"You heard from Nick?"

"Yes."

"Good," he glanced up as Astrid and Liam walked in. "It's kind of not fair that you get to sit and stare at your mate all morning while the rest of us suffer."

Liam rolled his eyes. "Like you're really suffering."

Noelle half paid attention that morning and caught herself doodling more than once. Her gaze wandered around the room and settled on Blake's empty desk, and her thoughts drifted back to Hailey.

Salt Flats had been sort of pushed off to the side as they'd had to deal with Northumbria and Mercia. She sighed. It would be something else they would have to focus on.

She wondered how Patty and the girls were doing. Perhaps she should go visit them again and see if she could learn anything else. It couldn't hurt. It would also give her something to do this afternoon.

She pulled out her phone as soon as class was over to see a new text from Nick.

I don't know what time your class is over, but call me when you get done.

She smiled and hurried back to her dorm so she could talk to him in privacy.

"Noelle?"

"Hi!"

"How are you?"

"Missing you." She loved his voice so much.

"I miss you too. I have some good news though," he said.

He sounded much better today than he had yesterday. "What's that?"

"I'm coming back Wednesday."

"You are?" That was good news. She hadn't thought he'd be back that soon.

"Yeah, your father is insisting I come back with him," Nick said.

"Are you okay with that?" She remembered what her mother had told her yesterday.