Chapter 61

Noelle awoke to her alarm the next morning and sighed. She didn't remember going to bed. She moved and found herself in Nick's arms.

"Morning," he said softly.

"Hi. What happened?" She stretched a bit and realized she was still fully dressed while he was in just his boxers.

"You fell asleep in the spare room while I was putting my clothes away. How do you feel?" Nick asked.

"Way better than I did yesterday. I can't believe I fell asleep like that," she muttered.

"It's all the power you used. It drained you," Nick told her.

"Next time I do that, please take my clothes off," she grumbled.

He laughed. "I can do that."

She slipped out of the bed. "Especially my bra."

"I can definitely do that." He watched her stand and stretch and she turned back to him.

"I need a shower. This is my long day unfortunately. But I'll be back between classes." She pointed to a paper she had pinned to the bulletin board. "That's my schedule. Will you be okay here all day by yourself?" She pulled off her shirt.

"With you to think about? I'm sure I'll manage," He said his gaze moving over her.

She stopped and flashed him a smile before unbuttoning her jeans and pulling them down. She straightened and stood in front of him in just her bra and panties.

"Noelle Remington, if you plan to go to class this morning, you will go take a shower and stop taking your clothes off in front of me," Nick said, with a laugh. It was arousing, watching her.

"Don't tempt me, Nick," she muttered.

"Me tempt you? I'm not the one taking my clothes off in front of you. If you did it a little slower, it would be a striptease." He couldn't take his eyes off of her.

She blushed a little. "Would you like that?"

"Of course I would like that. I've barely seen you naked."

She smiled and undid her bra.

"Noelle!" Nick put his hand over his eyes. "I'm not going to spend half the day turned on while you're in class."

She laughed and left the room.

***

When Noelle arrived in class that morning she was embraced by Astrid and Liam both. "What happened?" Astrid asked her.

"Salt Flats Pack. They kidnapped me and now Alpha Mason is dead. I'll have to tell you about it later. It's a rather long story," she grumbled.

"Well there's one thing I would like to know now," Astrid said.

"What's that?"

"Why do you smell like Nick?" Astrid looked at her pointedly.

Noelle blushed. "Probably because I slept with him last night."

Astrid's eyebrows shot up and Liam smirked at her. "Nick flew in from Pennsylvania for sex?"

Noelle could feel her face getting hotter by the second. "I.. no."

"So are you dating Nick?" Astrid asked.

"No, we're not dating."

"Is he guarding you?" Liam asked.

"She slept with him. Close enough that his scent is all over her," Astrid pointed out. "Sorry, Ill drop it. I'm just surprised."

"He's my mate," Noelle told her. "I'm actually surprised you don't know."