Chapter 40

Noelle woke the next morning to find herself wrapped up in Nick's arms. He'd warned her that they would be sharing a room, but she had told him straight out that she didn't mind. It wasn't the first time. She knew she'd sleep better with him in her bed anyway, and after the crappy night's sleep the night before, she needed it.

He was still asleep and she'd been resting her head on his bare chest. She lightly traced her fingers down it. She realized she hadn't really touched him at all before. Even during their stolen moments together in California, she'd been turned away from him and while she could feel his body pressed up against her, that was as far as it had gone.

Her hands traveled down to his navel and kept going a bit further until she realized he was only wearing boxers. Her eyes darted up to the mirror and she looked at them laying there together. He looked so good, she thought, looking over his bare ripped chest. Her gaze traveled down to his abs and the V cut that disappeared below the blanket. He looked delicious and she wanted a taste.

She could smell alcohol on him, and wondered how late he'd stayed up the night before, and how long he'd sleep today. Not that she minded watching him sleep. She could lay here with him all day. He looked peaceful like this, completely relaxed.

His arm around her suddenly tightened and she knew he was now awake. Well so much for that.

"Noelle. Good morning," he whispered, gently kissing her forehead.

"Morning Nick," she smiled. His voice sounded sexier half asleep.

"I could get used to this," he murmured, his hand moving over her back.

"What's that?" She knew, but asked anyway just to hear him say it. She had a feeling she wasn't moving in with Caleb and Charlotte. Her father and Caleb had been right.

"Waking up with you in my arms every morning." He rubbed her back, slowly.

"Me too. How late were you up?" Noelle asked him. She hadn't even been aware that he'd come to bed.

"I'm not sure. I think your scent is the only thing that got me safely to bed," he murmured, pressing another kiss to her forehead.

She giggled. "See? It's a good thing you brought me along."

"I wouldn't want to be away from you this long. The next couple of months are not going to be easy for either of us," Nick sighed.

"We'll have to make it work." They didn't have a choice, but she couldn't agree more. She wasn't looking forward to being apart from him.

"As much as I'd love to just lay here in bed looking at you all day in that mirror, we've already slept most of the morning away," Nick said, glancing at his phone.

Noelle lifted her head. "Are they going to be upset?"

Nick snorted. "Like I care. But no. They know I'm still on my own time, and after how much we drank last night, they're probably still passed out themselves."

"Were you drunk?"

"No," he smirked. "Or I might have woke you up so we could make out. But I did have a good buzz going."

She smiled. "You could have woken me up." She wouldn't have minded making out with him. And him touching her again.

He gave her his sexy half smile. "I'll keep that in mind."

Noelle's lips parted as she gazed down at him and suddenly she found herself on her back, with him over her. He kissed her slowly, arousing her, then pulled back. "We have to get up."

She frowned up at him. She didn't want to. She wanted to lay here with him and see what happened.

"Don't look so disappointed. These rooms aren't soundproof, and everyone will know what I'm doing to you," Nick told her softly.