Chapter 65

Nick answered the phone and held it up to his ear. "What's up?"

"How's everything going?" Daniel asked him.

"Good. Noelle is in class right now. She'll be back soon," Nick told him.

"How is she doing after everything?"

"She seems fine. She slept a lot Wednesday but she's been fine since then." Now that he could feel her emotions, he could tell how she was feeling. She was calm and bored.

"That's good. I was a little worried that she might be upset for a while after all of this. Has she talked to you about it at all?" Daniel asked him.

"No. Actually I was kind of thinking about it and I thought about talking to her, but I think I'm going to wait."

"It might piss you off. It might piss all of us off if we know what all happened," Daniel commented.

Nick was well aware of that. He knew some of it, that Mason had intended to make her his breeder, that he'd had his hands all over her breasts and paraded her around naked. Things he couldn't allow himself to dwell on, or he'd be furious. He had a feeling he knew more than her father did. "I'm aware."

"I have a problem. And I need to make a request of you that I don't want to ask you, but at the moment I have no one else to ask. I'd do it myself, but Ben thinks Jenna could deliver at any time and I don't want to leave her."

"I completely understand. What do you need me to do?"

"I need you to conduct this pack visit for me. If it wasn't for the fact that everybody's gone, I'd get anybody else to do it." Daniel sighed.

"Where and when?" Nick had walked into the other room to access his laptop so he could read through his emails while he spoke to Daniel. He'd set up his laptop on the desk in there so he wasn't taking over Noelle's space. He opened up his calendar and frowned. "Everglades."

"Yeah, that's why I didn't want to ask you."

"I'll do it. It's better that I do it than you right now. If you were to miss the birth of your sons.." he stopped.

"Yeah. I'm not going anywhere unless I absolutely have to," Daniel agreed.

"And I don't blame you."

"Are you going to take Noelle with you?"

"I want to just because I don't want to let her out of my sight right now, but I'm not going to force her to go with me back to the scene of the crime. So I will ask her what she wants to do." He already knew her answer.

"You know she's going to go with you."

"I do. She's a Remington."

Daniel laughed. "Have you marked her yet?"

Nick was quiet for a moment. It was an awkward question and if it was anybody but Noelle, he wouldn't think twice about answering it. But telling Daniel that yes, I had sex with your daughter was, well, awkward. But he also knew why Daniel was asking him. "I have."

"Okay good. If you're going to take her down there with you, I'd rather she be marked before she sees him again. Just make sure you guys don't kill him. I think we've killed enough Alphas this month." He sounded a bit exasperated.

Nick snorted.

"Get in and out. Don't stick around. Make it short and sweet. He needs to be on his best behavior or I'll stick Ragnar on him." Daniel chuckled.

"Why isn't he conducting this pack visit?"

Daniel sighed. "Because he had to run to New Zealand for me."