Drive him out

>>Corvina

Right

My obsession with Hael also started because I thought I could have all of him. I didn't have a mother, my father didn't love me and my older brother didn't care. No one was willing to give me any love and I thought I could take all of it from Hael

He was beautiful, he shone, he was what I wanted.

I clenched the gem in my fist, making Hael go wary.

I smiled at his reaction.

He was scared of this. It made his heart bleed after all. The pain of having it squished like some vermin would be crucifying after all. It didn't work in the future though... But at this moment he's awfully scared of seeing the gemstone in my hand.

"Hael," I called his name

"Yes, My Lady,"

"Come with me."

"Yes," He followed behind me without a word. He did that everytime after I punished him but a few days after I discovered him doing something that would make me angry all over again.

Except the last thing he did.

He didn't give me a chance to get angry.

He simply killed me.

Remembering how coldly he slaughtered everyone made a shiver go down my spine.

***

Hael stared out the window of the carriage. I told the coachman to take us as far as he could but Hael has no idea where we're going or what I'm going to do with him.

I didn't want him to know but I can tell he's getting curious. We're moving towards the edge of the city after all. The houses are getting distant and the people are disappearing. I never went this far out before. Like most aristocratic ladies, I stayed in the posh area of the city.

"My Lady," He finally gave in and turned to look at me,

"Hmm?" I had my eyes on him the entire time. He wasn't uncomfortable by that though. It's something I always did after all. The only thing is, that my thoughts are entirely different this time.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"You'll find out soon enough." I replied

"You've never come this far out," He asked, "Is there a special reason?" He looked straight into my eyes.

"Yes," I answered, "A very special reason."

"What?" He asked again even though I told him he'd find out soon enough.

I looked out of the window and we were now at the edge of the city, beyond which was a forest. I told the coachman to take us to a place where people don't go.

The carriage came to a stop, "We're here," The driver answered and I looked at Hael.

"Let's go,"

He was suspicious of me but still opened the door and stepped out. He then turned towards me and extended his hand for me to take like a good little slave. It made me smile and a random thought crossed my mind.

What if our relationship was entirely different?

"If you wanted to leave the city, why not use the main gate, My Lady?" I stood at the door of the carriage with no intention of stepping out.

Take the main gate of the city? I smirked. As if I would take that for what I'm about to do.

"This is the best place," I told him but didn't take his hand.

"For what?" He asked, not pulling his hand away

I reached for my necklace and opened it to take it off, "For setting you free." I gave him his answer.

My words got his eyes to go wide but as his palm remained in the air, I placed the pink gemstone on his hand, indicating that I was serious.

When I recovered my memories in modern times. I thought about this a lot as I drank. What could I have done to change things? And the one thing that kept circling my mind was that I should have freed him. I should have set him free the day I got him.

I didn't go as back in time to do that, but I can do it now.

"What?" He stared at the Gemstone in his hand, then looked at me with a look of pure shock, "What?"

I understand his reaction, the me from the past would never do something like this.

"You're free," I told him again, "Don't return to the manor, leave," I signaled to the driver to go, "You're free to do whatever you want."

He was so shocked, he had no idea what to do or what to say. He only shook his head in dismay.

"Why?" He was utterly confused. He must be, Everyone knew how obsessed I was with him. My actions must not make any sense to him at the moment.

The carriage started moving and I wondered if I should give him an answer. What do I tell him though? I can't tell him the truth. On that note, I can't tell anyone I came back in time. But do I even need to say anything? We're parting ways here. I don't think it matters.

I just closed the door and sat back down on my seat, watching Hael from the window as he stared back at the carriage in shock.

This is for the best. I need him out of the mansion to ensure my survival. I don't want to die a third time. I want to live a full life. I want to get married, have kids, then have grandkids and die with all of them by my side.

Hael kept getting smaller the further we got. But he kept his eyes on the carriage with his hand still open. The gemstone on his palm stayed there while he remained lost and confused.

But who cares.

He has the gem stone. He's free to go anywhere.

I know he'll have enough power to undo the seal on his heart in the future, that's why I needed to do this now. Perhaps, he'll feel a little bit grateful and won't come to kill us.

Soon enough, he was out of sight and I relaxed back in my seat.

It got dark by the time I reached home. I didn't even do anything the whole day but ride that carriage yet I felt so exhausted.

No one questioned me when they didn't see Hael with me. Everyone knows I'll never let him go and he can't run since I have the gemstone.

I reached my bedroom, changed into my nightgown and crashed on my bed.

But things have changed now. I have other things to plan for. I took the blanket over me. So glad I got rid of Hael.

My heart tingled a little at the thought that I threw him away but it was for the best

I closed my eyes.

First loves aren't meant to last anyway.

***

"My Lady," The maid was here to wake me up, "Get up, it's time to get changed and start the day."

Hmm?

That can't be Tracy. She's never this polite.

"My Lady?"

And why does the voice sound so manly?

"My Lady, the Count, also wants to talk to you."

Wait a minute!

That voice!!

I shot my eyes open and sat up, only to look at the face of the servant I freed standing by my bedside.

"Hael!?!?"