The informant

>>Corvina

Days went by quietly. It was decided that I would visit the palace to meet Lyal twice a month. It was the same as last time and I agreed.

I was looking out the open window enjoying the breeze when there was a knock on the door, right as the clock struck noon.

It was the busiest time in the mansion so I wondered who was there.

"Come in," I answered and the door opened.

I turned to look expecting to be Tracy or Hael but it was neither. There is never going to be a day when my father or brother come to visit me, so who was this woman?

"My Lady," The plain looking maid with twin braids bowed as a greeting. She looked awfully familiar for some reason but I couldn't put my finger on it, not at first.

"Come closer," I told her as I turned my body in her direction while I kept sitting on the chair.

"Yes," She was a bit chubby and when she got closer and the sunlight hit her face, I saw she had a lot of freckles. Something pinches at the nerves in my brain.

I know her, but from where?

"Why are you here?" I asked.

Her expressions turned serious, "My lady I came to you before too,"

"Hmm?"

"When I told you about Hael sleeping with a maid," She kept her head down as she nervously fiddled with her fingers, "I was the one who told you about it the very first time it happened."

It suddenly hit me.

It was like a flood of memories that came back to me as I kept my eyes on her

"Nancy," I called her name and she looked at me in surprise.

"Yes!" Her face lit up while my heart fell. Looking at her brought back unpleasant memories back. Memories that made me remember what an awful person I was in the past.

Light palpitations of my heart got louder and I started feeling a sense of suffocation.

"Nancy," I remembered something else, "What proof did you bring along when you came to report Hael the first time?"

She was surprised at my question, and then her gaze fell again, "Uh-" She got nervous, "I saw him, My lady," My chest squeezed as I felt anxious.

"Anything else?"

"W-well," She stuttered as I recalled that indeed when she came running to me that day, that was all she said, that she saw Hael sleeping around with another maid. If I recall correctly, her face was tear stained but I paid her no attention.

"Right,"

I remember I went crazy and nothing else mattered to me, not even her condition which should have been a sign enough. I stomped my way to the library where Hael was working and I yelled at him.

'Hael!' He looked at me in shock, 'How dare you sleep with someone!!'

'I, what?' He was confused about my words. I don't think he even got what I was saying right away.

I put my mana in the gemstone as soon as I accused him of adultery to hurt him and he fell to the ground panting. I was so furious, I didn't even listen to him. I was so immature, I didn't even doubt anything. Because even if I paid no attention to Nancy, I should have paid attention to Hael's reaction.

I was head over heels for him and in that obsession and in the abusive 'love' game, I gave him so much pain

....