Reunion

>>Amber

I stood outside the cafe a little too early in the morning, staring at the windows that were somehow magically fixed overnight while the sun was still coming out.

I blinked at it in confusion.

The hell??

To my astonishment, the window was now miraculously whole, as if the events of yesterday had never transpired.

Blinking in disbelief, I rubbed my eyes and glanced around, searching for any sign of the chaos that had unfolded. But there was nothing – no shards of glass littering the ground, no remnants of the shattered windows to be found.

A sense of bewilderment washed over me. Could it be? Did that kid do something? I mean, if he was the one who shattered it, he could fix it too. I just don't have anyone else to suspect.

"Amber,"

!!!

I recognized immediately who called out to me and I turned around to look at him.

"Ahin," The knight was walking over to me. He was wearing his training clothes, a black T-shirt, with black pants, his sword was hanging downwards on his belt.

"Good morning!" He passed me a smile and I smiled back at him with a short wave, "How are you doing?" He asked as he turned his head to the side to look at the window, "Oh wow, you got it fixed?" He came and stood in front of the cafe as well, a few steps away from me.

"I'm fine, I guess," I looked at the cafe, "I didn't get it fixed." I replied.

"You didn't?" He looked at me in surprise, "Then what is this?"

"I have no idea," I shook my head, "That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out."

"Hmmm," He nodded in return, "Maybe a fan of yours helped you out?" He joked and I smiled.

"I would love to meet that 'fan' personally," I turned my head to look at him, "Um, Ahin,"

"Hmm?" He looked at me and our eyes met which made me nervous.

"I'm sorry I sent you away yesterday even though you said you wanted to help," He insisted on staying with me yesterday but I was panicking a lot and didn't want anyone to be there with me. I wanted to be alone so I forced everyone to leave.

I hope he's not mad at me.

"It's alright." He grinned at me, trying to relax me, "I would have loved to help but it's alright. I knew you needed your space."

I smiled in return, "Thank you, you're such a sweet soul,"

He just gave me a short chuckle in return. I turned my head away, breaking our eye contact as I continued.

"And about yesterday... I had no idea you had those feelings for me."

"I know," His answer was unexpected, "That's why I just asked you to consider me," I glanced at him and he smiled, "I knew you had no idea I held those feelings, so that's why I came with a bouquet of flowers and not a ring."

I smiled back at him, "Oh," That made sense. His question yesterday was to consider him, not to marry him.

"Will you give me some thought?" He was a sunshine character, "I promise I'd make a great partner."

I let out a chuckle, "I will," I said, "I will think about it."

He balled his fist and jumped, "YES!!" He was so excited, he couldn't contain himself but his reaction made me chuckle.

"But I can't promise you anything,"

"It's fine," He calmed down, "I just want you to think about me- us, seriously-" As we talked, I noticed a subtle shift in his demeanor, a tension that crept into his expression like a shadow across his features.