Change of plans

>>Hael

She covered my eyes with her hand immediately after I told her I won't be leaving.

Is she happy? My words should make her happy.

But something's different about her.

She's not showing me the same emotions she did over the years. But then again, a person can't just change overnight. But why cover my eyes? Does she intend on hiding something?

It's odd, she went ahead and tried to 'free' me, she hasn't pulled something like that before.

I grabbed her hand that was covering my vision, "My Lady?"

It should be a test from her side. But at the same time it feels like it isn't. She wouldn't give me the gemstone if it was.

"Don't," She replied, "Stay there,"

What is she planning?

"My Lady," I didn't try to remove her hand even though it would be no problem for me, "Wasn't it a bit too cruel?" But I chose to obey her.

"What was?"

"Telling me to never come back," I placed my other hand on her palm, "You even chose to hurt yourself." I could never have imagined she would buy a high school magical item just to send me so far away. I saw the magic crystal knife she bought, even for a noble, it costs a fortune since its filled with high class mana but can only be used twice.

...

"I wanted to see what you would do," She answered after thinking about it.

"Hmmm~" I should play along, "Is that so,"

Something is definitely different.

***

>>Corvina

I managed to save myself by covering Hael's eyes. He would have seen the fear in my eyes otherwise. After composing myself I sent him away.

I slumped back and laid down on the bed, staring at the ceiling as I thought about it.

God, That's the only thing that does make sense.

He's staying so he can get his revenge. He's staying so he won't forget the hatred in his heart! And the moment he reaches his full magical potential. He's going to kill us all.

I pursed my lips.

Since he plans on staying. I have to plan something else. I can't just wait it out and die! I grabbed the pink necklace in my hand. I tried reasoning with my father but of course he won't listen to me. I gently grazed my fingers over the bandage of my head.

I know I wasn't treated the best when as the daughter of a count but I still had the title and the servants didn't abuse me. But Hael was a target, he was physically and verbally abused all the time. Especially by the male staff.

So, I know, I can't hope for the future to magically change. The hatred in his heart is going to grow and he's going to burst one day.

I sat up with determination.

That only means one thing. There is a sole thing I can do to ensure my survival!

I need to plan my escape.

Three years from now, on my eighteenth birthday, he's going to kill everyone.

I have to run away before that.