Success

>>Amber

I froze

My brain shut down and I had no idea how to answer him. I can't tell him I can't focus because of him and his touch!!

He looked so unbothered about it that I knew it was just me being overly conscious! I would rather jump out of the window than say that!

My gaze darted around everywhere, as if I was going to find an excuse written on the walls or something.

"My Lady," Hael stepped away, "Why can't you focus?" He asked and I shyly looked at him.

"Well," He placed his hands on mine, making me flinch

"What is it?" He asked, "What's wrong?"

!!!

OH No! NO! NO!

This is not happening!!

"Hael," It was a split second decision, "Can you leave me alone in the room!?" It crossed my mind, my brain determined it was a good excuse and I said it.

"..." He stared at me with a suspicious look, "Leave the room?"

"Oh no," I stepped back, letting his hands slip away from mine, which he noticed. His gaze fell to our hands when I pulled them away, "I simply mean," He looked at my face again, "I would like to try using the power alone." I looked at him, "I think I'll be alone to focus better, that's all."

"Okay," He nodded, "That might actually be a good idea." He didn't waste any time and turned around to leave, "If you face any problem, just call me."

"Okay," I answered right away. He walked towards his bedroom door and I let out a sigh of relief.

After he left and closed the door behind him, I looked at the corrupted finger, with a feeling of ease coming over me.

Okay then

I clasped my fingers together and closed my eyes

Time to do this

I opened my eyes, focusing on the finger

Heal

I felt something in me. It was there right along with the skipping of my heart. But it made me feel I was doing it right.

'Feel the power surge, it starts from your gut'

I nodded as Hael's words roamed my mind.

Heal

A warm sensation bubbled up in my stomach.

'You'll feel it go up and move around your body'

I tried to manipulate it like magic and it worked. I felt it come up, get channeled in my veins and move to my arms.

It was an awakening moment. I felt my breathing get ragged up when I felt the energy surge in me.

It was that moment where I finally had the realization that it was true

I did possess that power. I was no longer an ordinary human.

My skin stood up as goosebumps erupted in my body. I gulped, slightly afraid of what I was going to do, but I had to do it. I was left with no other option but this.

My lips parted softly, "Heal," I whispered the words and pointed my palms towards the finger sitting on the marble table.

A light surged out of my body and struck the finger.

A shiver ran down my spine while the rest of me felt hot but my gaze was stuck on the finger. I watched as the miasma faded from it, cleaning it up, dark steam evaporating away, like a chemical reaction.