Power

>>Amber

If I actually stopped and thought about it. It would make sense. This tower belongs to the Master. Why would the first door that appeared after coming down have random mages in it?

It is obvious that the room would be used by people of importance.

I looked back at the five people looking at me. The arch mages are also recognized by their eye masks. It's an embroidered lace they wear to cover their eyes. Each mage has a rank from one to four. According to their ranks they have their assigned tower.

"My Lady?" Archmage May, the only female archmage repeated Hael's word in the form of a whisper while the others nodded. They were already suspicious of me.

"You should have called for me when you woke up," Hael said as he turned his body towards me, "I would have come to you."

For a moment I felt paralyzed but when he stepped towards me, I stepped back.

"I," I was at a loss. What do I even say? Should I just say, 'Sorry, wrong room,' and then shut the door? Then I'll be on my way again.

You know what? That's actually not a bad idea. Let me do that

"I'm so-" Something sharp hit the bottom of my feet making me wince, "Ssss," I immediately bent down to hold my foot. The heck? I brushed down and saw that a splinter was stuck in my heel, "God," I brushed it off but as the splinter got out, the heel began to bleed

"You should have called me," He looked at my feet, "You ended up hurting yourself." He began to walk towards me. The distance was merely of a few steps to begin with and as I raised my head to look at him, I noticed him coming down to my level

!!!??

He crouched down, reaching for my foot while the other four stared. It got me in a panic.

Hael's fingers reached down to me, "No!" I didn't let him as I stood up and backed away, "Don't touch me," I glared at him.

He paused while crouching down, "Why?" He asked while standing up, "It's not like I haven't cleaned your feet before, I'm just going to take a look."

The arch mages glanced at each other in confusion.

"Cleaned feet?" Arch mage Raiya furrowed his eyebrows, "Hael, what is going on?" Unlike May, he chose to ask about it.

Hael glanced at them, "Nothing out of the ordinary," He replied and looked back at me, "I'm just making sure my guest is fine,"

I hadn't realized at that moment where I was standing. My focus was on Hael and the four mages who stood behind him with suspicious gazes.

"Nothing out of the ordinary?" Raiya raised his eyebrows,

"My Lady," Hael moved towards me. Why the hell is he addressing me like that in front of other people? Isn't he scared about getting his past exposed?!

"Stop calling me that!" I stepped further back in fear, "I don't know you,"

He froze upon hearing my words. His expressions went grim, "You don't know me?"

I gritted my teeth and shook my head, "I'm sorry," I said, "I don't know where I am, I must have taken a wrong turn." Something felt odd, my feet felt a little too free, "I just want to go home." I looked at them through the door frame, most of the view was blocked by Hael now, since there wasn't much I could look at from the limited view but I could still feel the gazes on me.

"..." Hael's smile was gone but he kept staring at me, "You took a wrong turn? There's no turn to take," His voice got a little harsher and the others noticed it as well.