The kids and the things they do

>>Amber

He chuckled at my frustration.

"That's a secret,"

I rolled my eyes and turned around to leave. As I limped towards the cafe, I heard the people around me notice me.

"Oh, she's back."

Oh no,

I recognized the voice.

As I approached the entrance, a group of children playing nearby caught sight of me and erupted into giggles, their laughter echoing in the quiet morning air. My cheeks flushed with embarrassment because I knew they were laughing at my limp,

"Hey, look at her! She walks like a duck!" one of the children called out, his voice dripping with cruel amusement.

"Yeah, what's wrong with your leg, lady? Did you forget how to walk or something?" Another brat chimed in, his words punctuated by a chorus of snickers from his companions.

I felt a lump form in my throat as I clenched my fists, "You better shut up, you little brat."

"What are you gonna do?" Nim, the brattiest brat out of all of them stuck his tongue out at me, "Come after me?" He laughed, "You can't even run,"

He gave me a headache, "Wait, till I see your dad," He was only ten so this was the only thing I could do. My words made him freeze.

He was clearly scared, but he still chose to run his mouth, "As if my dad would listen to a cripple!" He stuck his tongue out to me and then ran away. The other kids followed him

I shook my head at him, then glanced back at Hael

He was staring at the kids with his hands behind his back, and a poker face.

>>Hael

Something tugged in my chest. I was having this irksome feeling I couldn't exactly define right.

Am I angry?

...

Ah,

It made me mad that she was being made fun of. I didn't like it. Not one bit. I can ignore anything pretty easily, but I can't seem to ignore this.

It's refusing to leave my mind.

The children have run off and yet still there is this weird sensation in me.

>>Amber

What the hell is going through his mind? He keeps staring off into space.

The kids aren't even there anymore, just what is he looking at?

"I'm leaving now," I grabbed the entrance door-handle, "You can go too."

His gaze traveled to me but before he could say anything, I heard the voice of another child.

"Miss Amber!!!"

Of course, I recognized this voice too. A smile appeared on my face when I turned and looked at her. This was that one kid I was really fond of.

"Rika,"

She came running over with something clutched in her hand. She didn't stop till the time she reached me, and when she did pull her breaks, she was out of breath.

"I'm here!" She panted, "I didn't-" She breathed out loudly, "Get to show you-" She was wheezing at this point, "Last time,"

Looking at that tiny grandma made me chuckle. "What did you want to show me?" My question made her eyes sparkle. It was like she was waiting for me to ask her that