Sweet sixteen

>>Corvina

"Happy Birthday to you~" The sound of clapping echoed in the open garden, "Happy Birthday to you~" Sweet voices belonging to angelic faces, "Happy Birthday dear Corvina," A whole bunch of my friends, the circle I had in my past life, all of them were here on my 'special' day with a whole bunch of superficial gifts.

I blew the sixteen candles on the cakes and everyone cheered.

The waiters came and served the food on our table and we started our usual gossip after eating. There was a sense of familiarity there but it was also mixed with regret.

I was comfortable with these girls but at the same time I wasn't. We all knew we were trouble, thus the only reason why we hung out with each other.

***

>>Tracy

I told Hael that another maid wanted him tonight but he said he wasn't going. Why the hell is he suddenly refusing it?

Tch

I planned to bring the lady to his room when they were doing it to show Hael would want everyone but her. It would have been the perfect way to ruin her birthday. But that's fine, if Hael doesn't agree to that, I'll force him into something else.

"Hael," He was in the kitchen and I walked in calling his name, "Hael!" He was standing by the cook, tasting the food to check for poison,

He looked in my direction, "What?" He had his hair tied up in a ponytail. He rarely ever does that but it makes him look really sexy.

"The Lady wants you in the garden."

Hael looked at me with an unamused look, "She never wants me in public," He replied, "Especially when her circle of friends are over, so why would she call me today?"

I shrugged, "You should ask her." I turned around to leave, "I've delivered my message."

Hael was getting on my nerves. Maybe he should get a little lesson taught as well. That's right. Lady Corvina hates it when Hael comes out in public. He's too handsome and she's constantly worried that someone else would see him and fall for him.

That's why he has a ban on going out in public. Only a handful of people outside this mansion know what he looks like.

I smirked.

She didn't punish him last time but when her stupid friends swoon over him, she'll definitely lose it.

***

>>Corvina

"I've heard the magic tower is in trouble."

"Oh! Me too,"

"What? Why?"

"The Master of the magic tower is too old. He's fallen ill."

"Haha, I was starting to wonder when that old fart would die."

"He's still not dead."

"Wouldn't there be an uproar about the succession?"

"The next master is always based on power." All of them gossiped like usual, "Whoever has the strongest magical power becomes the Master." I listened to all of them. They all are just like me, or well, I 'was' like them. I can't trust any of them with my escape plan. I need someone who can keep it a secret and still help me out.

"Is there a battle to determine who's the strongest?"

"I don't know the details. The magic tower likes to keep its secrets."

"Oh~ I'm definitely going to find out!"

My eyes fell on the girl sitting in the corner quietly. Serena Soul, the duke's daughter.

Hmm

Come to think of it, she never talked much. She never liked our circle. She left us soon too. We gossiped about how she was never up to par with us but in reality she knew how rotten all of us were. Fortunately for her, she had the highest status amongst us, so no one could really mess with her.

Serena turned her head to look at me and our eyes met.

!!!

I immediately put on a smile and she did the same, then looked away, turning her attention to the gossip. I get that she didn't like us, but we always knew what was going on in the elite society.

Hmmm

She can be helpful to me. She had a really good reputation and not once did she ever gossip about anyone, she only listened.

However, her family does get in trouble in the future when her little brother starts getting into drugs. No wait, this is around the time he should be getting on drugs! The family doesn't know that yet and by the time they find out, he's too addicted.

Maybe I can use this to my advantage!

But how do I approach her? If I get up and sit next to her, the others are bound to notice and it might get odd-

"My Lady," My thoughts were cut off when a familiar voice called out to me, making me turn around to look at the beautiful man coming towards us, "You called?" My heart skipped a beat when I saw Hael making his way towards us.

All the others gasped audibly when they saw him, even Serena's eyes went wide.

"Oh My God!"

"Corvina! Is this your man-slave!"

Oh! Gosh!" Their reactions were understandable, Hael was something out of a painting,

"He's so lovely!"

"No wonder you hide him!!"

Hael didn't approach me. Initially his direction was me, but when he noticed the reaction of the ladies, he smiled at them and walked over to other ladies. I don't know why he did that, he knows I would have hated it, but maybe he did it on purpose to get me mad but I wasn't going to do that.

He had all of their attention and they even stood up to surround him. It would have burned my soul if it was the past me, but not now, I had other things to focus on.

Oh!

I smiled

Good going Hael! Since he came, I got the chance to get up and go over to Serena.

"Hello," I sat down next to her, "We haven't ever talked much, have we?"

"No, Lady Corvina," She was an elegant lady, "We haven't," I felt Hael's gaze on me but I ignored it. I'd like him to keep the ladies busy so I could talk to Serena.

"Yes," I smiled as I looked at the sky, "I'm aware you're not fond of us."

!!!

My words made her nervous, "O-oh, no, what made you think that?" She tried being polite.

"Don't worry," I turned to face, "I don't like us either."

Her eyes went wide in surprise.

"What?"