The Bane Of His Existence

>>Amber

'This Hael?'

That's a little weird way to refer to someone but perhaps she knew him?

"Um," I got an odd feeling from her, "Yea, sure," I shrugged, "Why not?" But I couldn't define what the feeling was.

"Let's go," She led the way, "We just have to take the stairs at the end of this corridor and we'll be there, it's not far," She had a soft voice or maybe it was that she didn't have the energy to talk loudly. She was thin, thinner than all the elves here.

"Oh! Thank you,"

That was the end of our conversation. The rest of the way, neither one of us spoke and she led me to the tree wood stairs that led down to the ground floor, right next to the stairs was a door. The door opened to the side of the throne room.

So there are other entrances to the throne room. I looked back as the door closed behind us and noticed how it blended perfectly with the wall.

No wonders I wasn't able to tell before.

As soon as I entered, I heard Helena's voice, "Saint Amber!" She stood up from the chair when she saw me, "You're finally up!!"

I smiled and sped up my pace to reach her. She came down from her throne and came to greet me. She wasn't very busy to begin with, there were only a few advisors in the throne room.

"Yes," I replied, "I believe it's thanks to you," We met at a midpoint and held each other's hands, "Thank you," I said softly which made her smile.

"No problem, anything for my nephew's future wife."

!!!

"Future wife?!" I was flustered but Helena chuckled at my reaction but then she noticed the other woman, and her expressions changed a little.

"Oh," I looked at her, she was standing very far from us, "She helped me get here," My eyes darted around but I didn't see him, "Your Highness?"

She looked at me again and passed me a professional smile which I did notice and found odd but didn't question it, "Yes?"

"How long did I sleep for this time?"

She let out a soft breath, "Two weeks," She said as her gaze softened

"Oh," That's even longer than last time. I raised my head and looked at her again, "Where's Hael?"

"Oh," Her hands tightened around mine, "He hasn't woken up yet,"

!!!

"What?" That was a statement I wasn't expecting. He hasn't woken up?

"He put his all in trying to keep you safe, that all of his mana and energy were exhausted. He's been in a coma since that day

My heart fell

"Oh No..." There was this ominous feeling that followed that news. This must be why he didn't respond to me. He couldn't respond to me.

"He is fine though, right?"

She nodded, "He is, there's nothing to worry about. He'll wake up soon enough."

I bit my lower lip, "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Helena shook her head, "I don't think so-"

"You already did," A familiar voice cut her off. And we both turned to look at the main door.

Hael entered the room through the main door, his movements were slow and deliberate, his expression carrying a sleepy, yet serene look as if he had just emerged from the depths of a peaceful slumber. His steps were measured, as if he were still half lost in the realm of dreams.