Matching scars

>>Amber

"Hael," I stepped towards him when I felt dizzy again

Oh no!

Shit! I knew this feeling all too well. I had no energy left in me, and my knees gave out. I ended up kneeling when Hael noticed. He came over and picked me up, leaning my body against his for support as he kept an arm wrapped around my waist.

"I'll take you with me for now," He said and teleported us out of there before I could say anything.

We were in his room a few seconds later and he helped me to the chair where I sat down while he remained standing in front of me, "Did you use your power?" He asked.

I shook my head, "I tried but,"

"You had no mana," He already knew, he was just stating it.

I looked down in shame, "Yea,"

"That's why you should have eaten yesterday when I told you to," He had his arms folded and it felt like he was scolding me.

"Yea..." To replenish mana, one needs to eat and sleep. Mana is a form of energy, so I need to eat to replenish it, especially since I don't have much of it to begin with.

Hael looked down at my foot, "You somehow always manage to injure your feet." He crouched down to look at it. Taking my shoe off, he observed the scratches on it.

"Un-" I tried to change the subject, "I would have been a goner if it wasn't for Ahin coming to save me," I let out an awkward laugh

"No," Hael kept his eyes on my foot, "You wouldn't have."

"What?" Did he just say I wouldn't have? Why is he so sure about that?

"I'll heal your foot." He didn't give me the answer and I decided not to ask either.

Fine!

Don't answer. We'll talk about something else.

"I didn't realize I got hurt." I looked at my foot. It wasn't anything bad, just a few scratches in my bad foot, must have happened when I fell.

I looked at Hael. He was looking at my foot but he wasn't healing it.

"It's fine if you've changed your mind." I said

"Yes," He raised his head to look at me, "I have changed my mind."

!!!

Woah. Didn't expect him to be that straight forward.

"Ahaha, no worries." I tried to brush it off.

"No, My Lady." He stood up, "You don't understand. I won't be healing you." He withdrew his hands, "You'll be healing yourself."

!!!

"What?!" I was baffled for a moment, then I remembered, "Oh, right. I can do that." Holy power serves the purpose of healing.

"But I think I haven't recovered my mana." I said, "How am I supposed to do that?"

"I'll give you mine." He said

"Yes?" I looked at him strangely, "You can do that?" Is that even possible?

"It is, if you know how." He presented his palm to me, "Although it's only possible for as long as I'm holding you."

"Oh," I nodded, not thinking much of it, "I'll try then." I placed my hand on his, softly, and a little shyly.

"My lady," I raised my gaze from our touching skin to his face.

"Yes?"

"Holy power is much more capable than just healing injuries."

I blinked at him in confusion, "What are you trying to say?"