An old friend and an 'accident'

>>Amber

The moment the King finished his speech, I got down from the stage, descending the stairs without looking anywhere else.

Hael will be personally training me?

Why?

What about me staying away from him? What about that plan? This is not how it was supposed to happen!!

I stepped outside the bustling party hall, the cool night air offered a welcome respite for me. My mind was buzzing with thoughts but I had no idea what to do. I had a feeling Hael was the one behind this, but the question is, why?

Why is he doing all of this? What does he want from me?

I glanced back and saw no one following me.

Good

I turned and exited the place. In the secluded shadows of the garden, away from the prying eyes of the people, I took a breath of relief.

God...

I slowed down but kept walking

What is even happening? Hael's actions are far too suspicious. How will a mage even train a saint? Holy power and magic are two different things. Yes both require mana, but still. And I am to serve the country? Well, I guess that was expected...

!!!

I noticed something as I approached a blind spot. A young woman was cornered by a man there. She stood with her back pressed against the rough stone wall. I couldn't see her face clearly at first, but I recognized her after a few seconds.

It was Serena! But who the hell is that man? He doesn't look like a noble.

He hugged her out of nowhere, startling me

OH!!?

What the hell? Is Serena having an affair? I didn't think she would be having an affair. She doesn't look the type.

I turned around to walk in the opposite direction. Maybe I should leave, it would be rude to stay here.

>>Serena

I simply walked out for fresh air. Who the hell is this man? What is he doing!? Why the hell is he hugging me!!

No!

If anyone sees this! I'll get shamed! I won't be able to get married!!

I tried pushing him off, but only managed to push him away

"Sweetheart," The man leered, his voice dripping with false charm as he advanced menacingly. "What's a pretty thing like you doing out here all alone?"

I recognized him now. My eyes went wide in fear. This man has been stalking me for months!!!

My breath caught in her throat, my heart hammering in my chest as I instinctively edged away from him, "Please, I don't want any trouble."

"Trouble?" He chuckled darkly. "Oh, sweetheart, I think you and I could have a lot of fun together."

Panic surged through my veins as I realized the gravity of the situation. I knew he was doing this on purpose! But how the hell did he even get in!? I tried pushing him off again but his grip tightened on my arm, his fingers like vice gripped me as he leaned in closer, "Now, now, don't be like that," He murmured, his tone laced with menace. "I just want to get to know you better."

I felt a surge of desperation welling up inside of me. "Please, let me go," I implored, tears glistening in my eyes. "I won't tell anyone about this, I promise." Hell! I want someone to help me but at the same time, I can't have anyone catching me like this!!