Who am I?

>>Corvina

My pupils shook as I continued to look at Hael.

I knew he would catch on. My behavior is very different from the past. And a change of attitude overnight is bound to be suspicious. And it was inevitable that Hael would notice, after all, my attitude affected him the most.

But

"What do you mean?" I asked. I can't just give myself away. I have to protect myself, "Who am I?" His silver hair seemed to shimmer under the moonlight that was seeping into my room through the window.

He stared into my eyes and I stared back into his, "You have never behaved like this," He was looking into my eyes as if he was searching for the liar sitting in them, "You would never let my mistakes go, much less not throw a tantrum." He shook his head slightly, and the hand he slammed next to my head came onto me, slowly reaching for my neck, "It's like someone else has possessed your body." His long fingers wrapped around my skin, exerting some amount of pressure, "That calm demeanor, and the ability to actually think was never Corvina's."

"Who else would I be?" I asked, "I'm right in front of you."

"That's what baffles me." His grip tightened.

"Hael," I winced a little when he used some force on me, "Do you want to be punished?"

He stopped, his fingers moving slightly from my neck, "Do I want to be punished?" He found the question amusing, "Why would anyone want that?"

"I don't know," I said, "Why else would you bring that up?" I honestly had no other defense, so I just put forward whatever went through my mind.

He smirked, "Something has definitely changed." He moved his face closer to mine, making me panic, "There's this maturity to you... Like you've lived another life." I felt his breath on my lips while his words sent me in disarray.

!!!

Don't panic!! I can't show him my weakness!

"And if I have?" I did my best to keep a confident look on, "Then what?"

He shook his head, "That doesn't happen," He replied, "Even magic of that level doesn't exist."

...

For humans perhaps. But God did something, and that's a different story, isn't it?

But why did God decide to send me back in time? For what purpose? I have neither the influence to change anything nor the wealth to put anything into motion.

I am merely me.

A 'noble' lady who can only make an attempt to run away. I hold no significance, and neither do I know if I'm supposed to change something. So I am at an utter loss as to why I'm here.

"No matter how much I look at you, my eyes do not deceive me." I felt a shiver go down my spine with how close he was to me, "You are you, yet to seem not to be," His breath was hot and it was tingling my nerves, "So tell me, where did the change come from?"

I gulped

"That's right," I have to stay calm, "I'm behaving differently, I know, but that's it. I'm still me."

"A person can't change overnight." His moon-like eyes were mesmerizing, even when he was doubting me.

"Yes," I averted my gaze, "It's not possible," Honestly, I had no idea how to defend myself. I was at a loss. As he said, the magic of that extent doesn't exist. There's no type of magic that can reverse time or bring back the dead perfectly.

Time magic does exist, but its scale is pretty small and it functions differently.

So what do I tell him?

"I had a dream," I whispered,

"A dream?" It threw him off

"Hmm," I looked into the distance, "A very long dream."

"What dream?" He narrowed his eyes on me.

I looked at him again, "That's a secret." I placed my hand on his chest, "A secret I won't tell anyone." I pushed him back as I tried to sit up. He didn't resist and backed off pretty easily.

"So," He stood by the bed, "You're saying you're acting differently because of a dream."

If I think of my second life as a dream, because that's what it feels like right now, then yes

"Maybe," I replied, "It was a pretty long dream." He stared at me but he won't find any lies in my words. There aren't any.

"I see," He finally looked away, "Goodnight, My lady," He didn't apologize for almost choking me. I see he holds himself in a pretty high position even now.

I watched him leave my room as I thought.

Just how strong is he? Or how strong does he get for him to not fear anything? How much confidence does one need to have to come back to a place of abuse only to get revenge?

He opened the door and glanced back at me, "See you in the morning," He said and I just waved my hand at him. And as he turned to close the door behind him, an image flashed in my mind.

!!!

The day I died by his hands, I noticed a cloak he was wearing. A cloak worn only by skilled magicians.

My heartbeat began to rise.

But there was also something else about his cloak.

His clock was pitch black with a fur outline around the neck edge.

My heart dropped at yet another realization.

That's the clock only the Master of the magic tower can wear.  And the Master is the strongest magician in the whole country.