The Jewelry Plan

>>Corvina

"Eyes down," I ordered when Tracy came to my room to give me my lunch, "Don't even think about glaring at me." I had a book in my hands that I was reading as I sat by the window to get some sunlight. I had shut her down the moment she started glaring at me.

She lowered her eyes as she placed the food tray down on the table in front of me.

"Do you need anything else?" She pursed her lips after asking. Must be hurting her pride that she actually has to do her job.

"No, you may leave," I put the book down, "You can come after an hour and take the tray."

"Yes," She turned around and left. But not before she turned and glared at Hael who stood by the door. She whispered something to him but I couldn't hear what she said since the door was on the other end of the room.

Hael stood unfazed which seemed to make Tracy's mood turn foul. She didn't do anything there, she glanced at me and saw me looking at them, so she just left.

I moved my face away the moment she closed the door behind her and started eating. I've been ignoring Hael since 'that' night but he has been pretty persistent. He still comes to my room and does the small tasks he used to in the past but he's been staring at me awfully a lot.

I put the food in my mouth trying to ignore it but the intensity of his gaze was something that one couldn't easily ignore. Why? Is he curious that I didn't punish him but punished Tracy instead?

I chewed my food slowly and looked out the window.

Well, that is understandable.

The last two years of my life, I spent them constantly torturing Hael. I kept using the gemstone on him each time I heard he was with some woman.

In my past life, I didn't see him literally sleeping with someone like I did now. But I believed the words that made their way to me, because they came with proof. The biggest one being that Hael never said he didn't do it. When I asked him about it, he would just keep his mouth shut. I recalled a few times that it happened. I always made a public specter of it.

...

Hmmm?

When did I start asking him about it though? I didn't do that from the start... Did I? I can't really remember.

I turned my face around to look at him

!!!

He still had his eyes on me even though he was tidying my bed.

Oh Gosh!

"Hael," I called out to him in a panic

"Yes, My lady," He immediately walked over.

Oh, shit

I didn't utter a word to him for the past few days and now it just slipped out. Great. Hael seemed happy though. His unamused look had finally broken after I called him out.

"Tomorrow's my birthday." I said,

"Yes, it is,"

"What are you getting me?" I honestly had no idea what else to talk about. Although, asking this question did send a wave of dread down my spine. It was a similar question to what I said right before I turned eighteen.

And the next day was hell. There was so much blood on the first floor, with corpses everywhere.

I felt nauseous and had to look away.

And in the middle of it all, was Hael. My skin stood up and my stomach knotted.

"Ah," He wasn't sure, "What would you like, My lady?" His question made me come back to reality