Ahin's rose of affection

>>Hael

Once there were only two of us left in the throne room. The king looked at me

"I'm assuming the mages want to keep her." He said, "After all, you didn't let any person from the temple reach the girl even when she was asleep in her home."

"Yes," I gave a respected short bow to the king, "We don't wish to hand over a new saint to the temple."

"Hmmm," The king thought about it.

"The mages discovered her, we intend to keep her with us," I straightened up, "Isn't that only fair?"

"So, are you trying to fight with the temple?" He asked

"Absolutely not," I gave him a calm reply with a subtle smile.

"The temple will not hand her over." The king said, "Any person with holy power belongs to them. Those are the established rules. Just as any person with a high affinity for magic goes to the magic tower."

"No mage has ever been forced to join the magic tower, unlike the holy temple who force people to join them." I answered, "Besides, they'll keep their mouth shut if we tell them we know their secret."

!!!

His highness was surprised at my reply. His eyes went wide at my statement, then he calmed down and laughed, "I knew you weren't the type to be messed with." He shook his head in amusement, "

***

>>Amber

I softly looked at Ahin.

With a gentle smile, I reached out to accept the rose, the warmth of his hand sending a jolt of electricity coursing through me. The crowd fell silent, their curious gazes fixated on our exchange as Ahin looked straight into my eyes.

"Thank you," I whispered the words just enough for him to hear. As I held the rose in my hand, I couldn't help but feel a part of me healed, "It's very sweet of you to offer it to me."

"Who else would I-" Ahin was about to say something when the crowd erupted in cheers.

"It looks like the knight everyone has been fancying has finally found a girl he likes!" The announcer chose to speak right at that time, making both of us feel awkward.

"I'll go for now," He said, "I'll meet you later," Ahin yipped his horse away and I sat back down on the bench feeling odd.

God,

That's a bit too much attention.

Luckily, the attention shifted when the announcer made the announcement for the next match, "Our next participants are coming in!"

Thank God! I relaxed when the gazes were off of me.

"Hello," But that's when someone chose to greet me. Someone who was sitting right next to me.

I turned to look at the person, only to be shocked

Illaris?!?

"Your reaction tells me you know me," She passed me a smile.

"Oh," Think fast! I told myself, I can't make a mistake here, "You're the saint," I said, "How would I not know you," I passed her a smile in return.

"Hmm," She looked in front, at the next contestants entering the arena, "I see," She maintained her smile, "What's your name?" She asked

I gulped, "Amber,"

"Amber," She must be thinking about it too, "That's a wonderful name," That I looked like Corvina,