Mana core

>>Amber

We stared at Hael in disbelief.

"You want the mana core?" Lilia blinked at him in utter confusion. She tried to find any signs of jester in his words but Hael did not show any, "Are you out of your mind?" She said and Hael smirked.

"I don't mean all the core. I just want a tiny speck from it." He made a 'tiny' gesture with his finger and thumb.

"Even a tiny piece of it can be harmful for a human." Lilia answered, "No, it will kill a human, for sure." My skin stood up at her words.

"I don't care," Hael said, "I still want it. And my condition will not change."

"The mana core isn't something that can be given away." The elf said, "And it's something that can only be accessed by the elf ruler."

Hael smiled, "Tell Helena, Hael wants it "

Helena? Who the hell is Helena

"Helena?" Lilia was disturbed, "You mean Queen Helena?"

"I doubt there's another Helena there," He folded his arms

"How do you know the Queen?" She got suspicious of him

I looked at Hael, Seriously bro, how do you know her?

"The Queen owes me something." Hael replied,

"What?" Both of us ladies looked at him in disbelief. The whole conversation has been full of unbelievable things!

"You're lying," Lilia said, "There is no way our Queen owes a human something."

Hael's sly smile remained on his lip, "You'll find out if I'm lying or not when you talk to her." He looked at Lilia like she was some pathetic little thing, "You don't need to worry about it, just tell her it's a request from Hael Helio."

Hael Helio?

Helio?!? A second name? Since when did he get a second name? Helio... Where have I heard that name before? I feel like I have, but I can't recall it.

"What if you're lying?" She said.

"And what if I'm not?" He answered, "You're the one at loss here, your kind wants her power." Hael's words carried clear hostility, "The condition stands, give us a piece of the mana core, and we'll save those pathetic fellows of yours."

Anyone could see Lilia's blood was boiling, but she wasn't at a position to say anything.

She grimaced, tried to calm her nerves, and then let out a deep breath, "Fine," She looked at us with a relaxed demeanor, "I'll talk to the Queen."

"There's one more thing, you mentioned something about how the miasma is spreading." Hael questioned.

"Yes,"

"Tell us what you know and how you know that?" Hael asked

"I'll give you that information, when you heal my brethren."

I glanced at Hael and he shrugged, "Fine, you have a deal." He then shooed her away, "Off you go now, your job is done."

Lilia turned around and went on her way before her blood pressure broke the meter.

***

"Why did you ask for their mana core?" Hael and I walked in the city, "Why did you even agree to help them? Just a second ago, you were scolding me for being naive. And then suddenly you decide to do it on your own."

"I didn't decide it on my own," He looked back at me, "You wanted to help them."

!!
"Well yea, but you made the final decisions on your own! You didn't even ask for my opinion."