Happy Seventeen

>>Corvina

My heart pounded in my chest as I stepped out of the bath, the warm tendrils of steam enveloping me like a comforting embrace.

Today's the day.

I'm seventeen now. But as soon as I woke up today, something has been bothering me. My heart rate keeps rising at random times. The anxiety in me caused me to get late for everything and I even ended up spending so much time in the bath in order to calm myself down.

I let out a soft breath as I walked over to my room but as I reached for my towel, a sudden movement caught my eye, freezing me in place with a sense of alarm.

It wasn't Nancy who was making her way through the doorway, ready to assist me with dressing. Instead, it was Hael – his presence a jarring intrusion into the sanctity of my privacy.

Shock coursed through me like an electric current, rendering me momentarily speechless as I struggled to process the sight before me. My mind raced with a thousand questions, as I frantically wrapped the towel around me.

And at the same time, without hesitation I ran for the nearest cover, the curtain. It was the nearest thing to me but in the confusion and hurry, the towel fell down and I almost tripped on it.

My mind was a mess but I somehow managed to reach the curtain and then I wrapped myself around it as Hael came in and stopped to look at me.

Serving as a flimsy barrier between myself and his unwelcome gaze. The fabric clung to me like a lifeline, offering a semblance of protection in the face of my vulnerability.

"Hael," I stammered, my voice trembling with a mixture of disbelief and apprehension. "What are you doing here?" I wasn't even sure how I had wrapped the curtain around me and so I had to struggle around a little to pop my head out of it while making sure the rest of it stayed intact.

But even as the words left my lips, I knew that there would be no easy answer to my question. His presence in my private sanctuary was a violation of boundaries that left me feeling exposed and vulnerable in ways I couldn't begin to articulate.

As I clung to the safety of the curtain, a sense of unease settled over me but as Hael met my gaze with a silent intensity that sent shivers down my spine,

!!!

It was alarming and I was so shocked

Shit!

I should have gone for the closet!!

"My Lady," He called, "Allow me to dress you." He seemed calm unlike me and he was pretending nothing was wrong about this.

"No!" I replied, "Where's Nancy? Why are you here?"

"But you'll be late," He answered, "Your guests have already started arriving."

"No," I clung onto the curtains tightly, "A maid should help me dress, not you,"

"But, I am your slave," He smirked, "Why are you being shy around me?"

!!!

This little!

"You are still a man!"

"You'll be late," He changed the subject, "And I'm the only one available."

What the hell is he planning?

"You've never dressed me before, so why are you here today?!?"

"I just want to make you look pretty on your special day," His smile looked cunning. I glanced at the clock. But I really was short on time and it didn't look like he had any intention of leaving.