The exes

>>Amber

The rose burst into hot flames, sending shockwaves rippling through the crowd. Gasps of surprise echoed through the arena as spectators recoiled in astonishment, and even Prince Lyal himself seemed taken aback by the sudden turn of events.

With a startled cry, he instinctively threw the flaming rose away, his movements swift and desperate. But it was too late—the damage had been done. The intense heat and unexpected spectacle had spooked his horse, sending it into a frenzy of panic.

The majestic animal reared up on its hind legs, its powerful hooves thrashing wildly as it fought to break free from its rider's control. Prince Lyal, caught off guard by the sudden outburst, struggled to maintain his balance, his hands desperately clutching at the reins in a futile attempt to regain control.

But it was no use. With a final, heart-wrenching cry, the horse bucked violently, sending Lyal tumbling to the ground in a chaotic blur of motion and pain.

The crowd watched in stunned silence as the prince fell, the sound of his impact echoing through the arena like a thunderclap. For a moment, time seemed to stand still as he lay motionless on the ground, the air thick with a palpable sense of dread and concern.

And then, with a collective gasp, the spectators rushed forward, their voices blending into a cacophony of shouts and cries as they swarmed around the fallen prince, their hands reaching out to offer aid and support in his time of need.

"Lyal!" Illaris hopped down the benches to go to her lover. I glanced at her, then looked at Lyal in horror.

So, they are a thing.

I wonder if they had anything going on when Lyal called me a whore and stormed off.

I looked away, I had no reason to offer help. So while everyone was busy with him, I chose to make my escape.

***

Why did that rose burst into flames? Someone clearly used magic. But who the hell is insane enough to harm a royal prince?

I was walking as fast as I could manage with my limp and it was when I was crossing the garden when I heard someone behind me.

"Excuse me," Someone called out to me.

I turned around to look at a woman running towards me. Red hair, green eyes, slim but busty. Looked like a commoner but one I had never seen or met before.

She came and stood in front of me, catching her breath,

"Yes?" I responded, curious about her sudden approach

"Oh, um," She was breathing heavily. Did she run all the way here to catch me? "One moment," She paused to catch her breath and I smiled at her. She was on the cute side, the type you want to cuddle with. And, I know it's the first time I'm seeing her, but she gave off a very positive vibe.

She let out one final breath and then stood up straight, "I'm sorry for stopping you out of the blue,"

"It's alright,"

"I know we don't know each other, but there's something really important I want to talk to you about."

"Yes?" I looked at her with curiosity, "What is it?"

"That-" She seemed a little hesitant, "This might sound strange but-"

Before she could speak, however, "Hey! You noble-wannabe!" A group of familiar faces appeared in front of us, cutting her off.

The moment I saw them, a chill went down my spine.

Oh No...

Four girls, all adorned in jewelry and lavish dresses walked towards us. They were my ex-friends, individuals who had once been close to me but now seemed intent on causing trouble.