Holy Power

>>Hael

Whenever I recall how many people were around her, smiling and asking her if she was alright, I felt something strange. It didn't sit well with me.

She has changed so much. Being liked by the people around her...

It makes me think I should have killed her too that night two years ago.

I despised the sight of her smiling that brightly.

Not once did she show that expression to me.

All the time we were together, she was on edge...

I gritted my teeth in annoyance.

***

>>Amber

"I think anyone could tell that," Cory said as we kept walking.

"They can?" That came as a shock, "How so?"

"I've heard that she demanded that Master Hael should accompany her during her lessons." She clicked her tongue, "Which is pretty odd, he had no reason to do that."

"Magic lessons?" I asked, feeling strange, "She does have an affinity for water magic."

"Ufff, if only!" She replied, "But magic aside, she also makes him stay for her cooking classes!" She rolled her eyes, "How weird is that?!"

!!!

My eyes went wide and I recalled something.

'The king's daughter insisted.' He told me this when he gave me that brownie, 'The king demanded I stay with her during her cooking class.'

"I see,"

So, the princess really is going after Hael. Well, considering how charming he looks, he has always managed to capture the attention of ladies.

I have only seen the princess during big events. The royal family appeared in events hosted by Ducal families or by relatives, so I was never close to her, not even when I was engaged to Prince Lyal.

I had only seen her from afar

She's beautiful. With those blonde hair and sky blue eyes, fair skin and hourglass figure, she's a princess from fairy tales and the object of jealousy of many women.

But who knew she would also be a spoiled child?

"Wait," I looked at Cory, "How do you know these things?" I folded my arms, "The things from the palace don't just make their way to the public."

"Hehe," She averted her eyes, "My cousin is one of the maids of the princess."

"Ah," I shook my head and looked straight ahead, "Of course," The maids love to gossip.

"By the way~" Cory peeked at me

"Yes?"

"Was it Master Hael who helped you while you were sick?"

"What?" I glanced at her as my eyes went wide.

She looked at me curiously, "I mean, you suddenly vanished!"

"What?" I frowned, "I vanished?" Wait! I never got to know how I left the cafe!

"Yea!" She said, "A teleportation symbol appeared under you and then you were gone!!" She explained, "The only thing that kept us from making a fuss was a note was left behind as your body disappeared."

"A note?"

"Yea," She nodded, "A magic note," She smirked, "It said, 'Don't worry, I'll make sure she's fine.'"