Happy Birthday, My Lady

>>Hael

There it is again.

I watched Lady Corvina get up from her chair and walk over to the other lady, completely ignoring the fact that I disobeyed her orders, came out in the open and was even giving attention to the other ladies.

"Oh wow," The ladies touched my arms

"You have such a nice body too,"

"Corvina is lucky she got her hands on you."

"You must work out,"

I looked at the girls, "You compliment me too much," I entertained them

"Why don't you come to me? I'll treat you better."

"Shut it!" Another lady intervened, "Why should he go to you?" She looked at me, "House Lilac is known for treating their slaves the best. You should come to me- No, wait, I'll ask Corvina to hand you over to me."

Ah,

They're so annoying. And House Lilac is known for what? Everyone knows how the staff there is always eager to run away.

I looked at my master again as the ladies quarreled amongst themselves. She should have lost it. She should be screaming at me at the top of her lungs and she should be yelling something like, "The party is over, leave!"

But she didn't do anything like that.

On the contrary, she refused to even pay me much attention. She hasn't even looked at me. When I called out to her and she turned to look at me, there was a clear look of surprise on her face.

I knew there was no way she would call me out in front of her peers, but why? Why is she acting so weird?

I glanced at the necklace around her neck. She's wearing it everyday but she hasn't used it since the first time she made me faint with it.

It can't be,

My mind was not ready to accept

It's impossible

There is no way Corvina would ever feel guilty about it.

***

>>Corvina

"I must have misheard you Lady Corvina," She put on her professional smile, "You-"

I placed my hands on the side rest, "You didn't hear it wrong Lady Serena," I leaned towards her with a haughty smile, "I said I don't like us either."

She was taken aback by my words, "What are you," She frowned a little, "Trying to say?" She grew suspicious of me immediately.

"Like I said, I know you don't like us, so that means you don't like me either."

"Wait," She put her hand up, "Lady Corvina, I never said such a thing, nor have I ever behaved in such a way." It looked like my words pissed her off, she was getting a little angry.

Maybe I came off too strong. But I don't have much time, this was the only way.

I let out a soft sigh, "I don't have much time to talk." I glanced at the group who was surrounding Hael and Serena immediately caught on. She glanced back at the group, then look back at me

"What are you trying to imply?"

"I want to leave," I told her, causing her eyes to go wide once again.

"Pardon?" She looked at me with a 'weirded out' look, "Leave?"

"But I don't want anyone to find out. Or I won't be able to do it."