Why would the master of the magic tower be here?

>>Amber

It was unbelievable.

I was staring right at him, but my mind was refusing to accept it.

No, my pupils shook as I watched him.

Really? He's really right in front of me?

"You," I was at a loss for words but other than me, the whole place went quiet, "What are you-" My heart was pounding and my breathing started to get heavy, "You, how?" I was so confused, the words weren't even coming out right.

All eyes were on us but while I was panicking, Hael took his seat on the stool, crossed his legs over the other and leisurely looked at me as he leaned his face on his palm. A sly smile was plastered on his face as he kept his eyes on me.

"Isn't that a mage?" The people whispered.

"He looks familiar,"

"I know right, I feel like I've seen him somewhere."

"Should we ask?"

"That was some high grade magic, did he come from the magic tower?"

"I know him, he's the master of the magic tower."

And that statement was followed by gasps. I gulped. I wasn't sure what to say or do with so many eyes on us. I couldn't risk saying anything that would put me at the risk of being exposed.

"Really? Is it really him?"

"I just saw him yesterday! Didn't you see him in the carriage of high mages?"

"Oh! My! God!" People eyed us. Everyone was curious and I knew why. Mine was a small cafe, it was meant to be a friendly neighborhood place for people to hangout and enjoy.

Why would the master of the magic tower be here?

"You shattered the window?" I asked, keeping my eyes on Hael. It was the only thing I could say that wouldn't sound very suspicious.

"Well, I repaired it too, didn't I?" He kept his smile on. His elbow rested on the counter and he tapped his finger on his cheek, the same hand in which his cheek was resting, as he waited.

"Someone could have gotten hurt," I replied.

"But did anyone?" His answer pissed me off.

I stared back at him. I wanted to ask him stuff but I was afraid that the people were staring too much and someone in the crowd might catch on that there's history between us. It may already be obvious that we have met before, since he already said he 'missed me' but I don't want the context elaborated.

"Heeeyy~" Aira came out of the kitchen, "Don't be surprised everyone, he's a customer like all of you," She stood by Hael's side and looked at the other customers, "It's rude to stare!"

Honestly, Aira is my smartest employee and this was the moment I was most grateful for employing her. Hael didn't bother to look at her, but I did.

Her words had an impact on the people. A realization hit them and they all turned to mind their own business. The chitter chatter in the cafe started once again but of course, it didn't stop the people from looking at Hael every once in a while.

"Thank you, Aira," I said and she smiled at me. She didn't have time to waste, so she ran back in the kitchen to help the chef and I looked at Hael again, "What are you doing here?" I kept my voice low so that no one would hear us.

"Why else would I be here but for you?" He replied

"Hael," I wanted to say something but I couldn't find the words. I paused, "..." What did I want to say to him? I wanted him to leave, but would he leave? How did he find me? Did he really see me from his carriage?