Ruin her

>>Corvina

And months flew by with me going to the market with Serena to buy gems and then spending quality time with Lyal. My plan was shifting towards marrying Lyal and living a peaceful life but I was still buying the gems just in case.

Deep down, I couldn't shake the feeling that the world order would not change. Maybe I could affect little things but I highly doubt I can change big events, especially with an influence like mine.

Hael would always accompany me but he made no attempts to ever do anything to hinder my dates with him which secretly did hurt me, but I started getting over it. The only odd thing was he started getting more injuries, visible ones and I couldn't help but always help him tend to them.

Hael developed a weird habit though. I tended to him only when he had a visible injury and whenever I was taking care of his injury, an injury on his face, neck or head, he would put his head on my lap. Not for long periods of time, the duration only lasted till I was done treating him and he would get up and leave.

This was something totally different from the past, yet it felt really peaceful. Maybe because I've changed and I'm acting differently as well, that's why the future is changing.

I hope it all turns out well

***

>>Lyal

I went to the temple yesterday but I didn't get to see Illaris. I keep trying but I rarely ever get to see her. The first time I saw her, her beauty captivated me but it was too late since it was also the day I was getting engaged.

A maid entered the guest room with refreshments while I waited for Corvina.

I can't really get Illaris out of my mind. I thought it would be easy to get rid of Corvina with the rumors that surrounded her but she turned out to be so different. With how the situation is, at the very least she won't make a bad marriage partner.

"Your highness," The maid whispered as she handed the tea cup to me, "Tea," I took the cup from her without paying her any attention when she said the most atrocious words, "Lady Corvina isn't a virgin."

My eyes went wide and my body froze when I heard that, "What?" I finally looked at her

"You know that silver haired man with her, that's her personal slave, she's in love with him."

"What are you saying?" I frowned,

What kind of maid is she? It's an unspoken rule that the servants of the house don't say anything about their master, no matter what.

"You can see it yourself," I spoke before he got the chance to dismiss me, "He's always with her." He frowned, "And look at the way they look at each other!"

"Leave," I said sternly.

She stood up, "Yes," Then bowed, "But believe my words, I'm telling you the truth."

"Out,"

She left.

I didn't want to believe her words but her statements got to the roots of my mind and it got me thinking.

***

>>Corvina

"I'm sorry I'm late," I entered the guest room with Hael behind me, "My dress was ruined so I had to change into another one."

"Your dress was ruined?" Lyal's expressions were weird, "How?"

Tracy, who came out of nowhere, tripped and the glass of milk she was holding ruined my clothes. I couldn't come down looking like that, so of course I had to change.

"Oh, something just fell on it," I took my seat across from him, "That's all," I can't waste time by telling him the useless parts. Tracy is that one person, I would rather not mention.

"Hmm," But something was off about him, "Something fell on it," He kept glancing at Hael and it made me feel weird.

"Is something wrong your highness?"

He placed the tea cup he was holding in his hands on the table, "I've noticed this servant is always with you."

"Ah, yes," I affirmed.

He started at Hael but Hael remained unbothered, "He's quite eye catching,"

I let out a nervous laughter, "He is, indeed," What's going on? He's seen Hael plenty of times before too but never mentioned or talked like this before.

Why is Hael interesting to him all of the sudden?

"The more I look at him, the more it feels like it would be pretty easy for him to pass as a noble."

I refused to turn my head and look at Hael. I was well aware of what Lyal was talking about. Hael's vibe, his aura, his demeanor, none of it looks like that of a servant.

"Uh, I've never thought anything like that,"

What was it?

What was happening?

"I've heard you give him special treatment," He sipped his tea.

"Well, he is my personal servant. So it would be impossible not to,"

He nodded his head, "I see,"

I was not comfortable with the conversation so I changed it. He didn't press on the topic but he didn't stay for long either. Rather, he got up merely after fifteen minutes.

"I have others planned today, so I'll be leaving."

I stood up for him, "I see," I nodded, "I understand, we'll meet on my birthday party then."

He didn't answer me immediately and it looked like he had a lot going through his mind, "..." After thinking about something, he spared me a glance, "Yes," And then walked away.

"Take care, your highness,"

What was that about?