The Time That Made Him What He Is : Betrayal

>>Hael (Age 11-13)

I walked out from the library with an aching in my chest. There was a feeling there, a strange feeling inside of me. I think it stemmed from seeing so many people but still being isolated.

It was an awful feeling. I didn't like it

I clenched my chest over my shirt.

I didn't like it at all. On my way out, I saw Ezio, he noticed me as well but he chose to ignore me. Ezio was neither good, nor bad with me, he just minded his own business, and that included ignoring me so that others wouldn't question him.

Helena did try to spend her time with me but since she was the Queen, she was busy most of the time.

I didn't try to go to my mother. Helena told me she needed space, so I gave her space. This is supposed to be like this, right? She'll get better.

I hope...

Maybe when she gets better, the other people here will get better too.

I went out of the palace to walk around when the kids approached me.

"Hey," The same boy who had thrown the ball at my face stopped me.

I did pause to look at the group

"Look," They all stared at me, in the years they hadn't seen me, I had grown up a little after all, "We want to play with you," Another one added in

"Yea," They all chimed in,

"Come with us,"

I blinked at them in confusion. They want to play with me? Why? They didn't like me because I was a half, so why now?

"Why?" I asked

"Because we were wrong," The boy said and the rest agreed

"The Queen told us to make up with you," Another one said

"Come on," The boy offered me his hand, "We have somewhere to take you."

I think I was happy because of this. Talking to people felt nicer than being all alone. And I wanted to take that opportunity. My mind chose the happier side of things and made me believe that perhaps better things were coming my way.

"Okay," I was about to take his hand when he removed it

???

"Come on," He said, gesturing to me to follow him and then he started running. I didn't get any time to think about what he did and ran after them.

Where were we going?

My feet pounded against the forest floor as I raced blindly through the underbrush. The voices of the kids faded, drowned out by the roar of my own heartbeat in my ears. I wanted to ask where we were going but part of me was also scared. I didn't want to lose what I had barely gotten.

We stopped at a cliff. There a late teenager stood there grumbling something.

"Hey Laila!" A girl called out to him, "We brought your fiance,"

???

Laila turned around to look at me, then a furious expression overcame her face.

Fiance? Who? Me?

Wait, what's a fiance?

"You!" Laila pointed at me, "Come here," She gestured to me to come over. I pointed at myself in confusion as I walked over.

And then, suddenly, I found myself standing on the edge of the cliff, the ground dropping away beneath me into a yawning abyss.

Oh, this doesn't look good.