Stained Glass Eyes

POV: Ace

I slipped through Vox's territory, like vapor or smoke in the stuffy air of hell. Making my way up to a broadcasting tower and took my mask off, inhaling big and look up at heaven's embassy, the clock ticking down another day. Execution day, a time I can pick off certain people. I stretched out my tattered wings and sighed. Not fully reformed from the last execution day. Some cocky executioner thought she could 1 v 1 me. Pffft yeah fucking right. She was too slow to realize there was a bullet in her chest. In the distance, I could spot that eyesore of the Princess's hotel. I looked back at the count down. My phone buzzed with a message. I leaned back against the steel beams of the tower and checked it, my mouth contorted into a smile.

Gotta job for you Ace. Please meet me at the estate. - Lucifer

I walked toward the edge of the tower and put my arms out, the thick wind of hell whipping against my helmet. Diving off the tower I grunted as I expanded my wings, managing to get some air and made my way to the estate. Landing on Lucifer's balcony, I leaned against the door and knocked 3 times. My history with Lucifer, fallen archangel, king of hell, is...complicated. We've known one another for a long time, millennia actually. I felt the door open and looked down a bit. "Ah Ace! You scared the shit out of me" he chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. "Come in Come in" Lucifer ushered me into his workshop.

I sighed as more ducks filled the corner of the room. I adjusted the rifle on my back and crossed my arms looking at Lucifer. I tilted my head, his body signals reeked of stress. He took a breath and turned to face me. "Ace, we have a big issue...I had a meeting with the Overlords, apparently there's a meeting happening, with the leader of the angels execution army later...uhm...I sorta panicked and called Charlie...to see if she can go in my plaaaace...." He twiddled with his hands and sighed. He did what?! I shook my head in disbelief. "Luci...you're letting your hopeful sunshine and rainbow daughter go to the embassy? ALONE?" "Uhhh...yes?? Listen Ace, I know you have your contract...but pleeeease" he clasped his hands together, eyes begging and I sighed. "Okay" I held my hands up in surrender. I cared a lot about Luci, that extended to Charlie. Don't get me wrong, she's a sweet kid but the whole "redemption" thing was a plan with so many holes.

He smiled up at me and ran up to me, hugging me tightly. I hugged him back. "I thought you were going to chill on that duck invasion in the corner." I jabbed a pointed thumb to the horde building. He chuckled lightly and looked away. "I'm trying" I softly smiled and headed to leave from the balcony. "Wait Ace...uhm thank you...seriously" his voice was low and serious. Saluting, I made my way to the Hotel flying a bit lower to give my torn wings a break. I landed at the front door, knocking. I heard an excited voice and patter of small heels. "Ah! Welcome to the-...oh Ace what are you doing here?" Charlie tilted her head and blinked. "Luci wanted me to accompany you to that angel meeting...Don't even bother protesting" I held up a hand and made my way in.

"Wait- why is he here?" Vaggie pointed to me and I sighed, repeating what I just told Charlie at the door. I leaned against the bar, Husk pouring me a rum and coke. Nodding in thanks, I downed the drink. Charlie was ranting a bit how Lucifer didn't trust her, that he sent a babysitter, yadda yadda. "Listen kid, he just wants you to have a little bit more back up going to the meeting okay?" I placed the empty glass on the bar and walked up to her. "These aren't gonna be 'regular angels' Char...it's the leader of the executioners...and if you're planning what I think you're gonna do...pitch your redemption story...heavens not that excepting of change..." she looked up at me and sighed. "Fine...I understand" "Good cause I'm just DYING to meet this airbag" I chuckled and I spotted a shadow slither next to me.

"Good to see you Alastor, been a while" I smirked crossing my arms. He popped up next to me and leaned over. "Ah yes, hell and heavens FAVORITE vigilante" he chuckled. We both grinned at one another till he vapored away. "Yeah about thaaaat...Wouldn't the angels recognize you Ace?" Angel poked his head from the chair he was sitting in. "Depends on the angel, I don't think I've ever remembered meeting the leader" I shrugged and adjusted the rifle. "What a wicked piece of weaponry" Husk muttered cleaning a glass. "Oh this little thing? My right hand really...kills just about anything" "Anything? Ya mean like angels and shit?" Angel's voice amused. "Ya bet your twink ass it does" I chuckled and winked at him. "Niiiice" he smiled.

"Well Char you ready to go?" I asked heading to the front door. "Huh? Ah yes!" She shook her head and smiled following me. "Don't worry Vag, I'll protect your lil girlfriend" I waved as Charlie and I left to head to Heavens Embassy. It's been a hot minute since I was here. I normally join Luci when he has certain meetings. We got up to the shiny gold doors and made our way to the front desk, the building eerily quiet. Charlie signed in and we walked into the elevator. I opened the meeting door open and we waited. I knew the angels were only holograms, they never had the balls to come in person unless it was dire.

"Sup!" A deep but annoying voice said as the light flashed on and there were two angels at the other end of the table. I tilted my head at the bigger one in the chair. My eyes narrowed, this angel was...familiar. Charlie nearly jumped out of her skin. "Oh! Hi...I'm Charlie..my dad asked me if I could meet you- " she stared but was cut off by the angel, who was for some reason eating...ribs? I crossed my arms standing behind her, scoping out the executioner behind him. "Yeah I know" he said with a mouth full. I felt my eye twitch at the sheer obnoxiousness this angel held. "Welll...it's nice to meet you!" Charlie sincerely said. The angel leaned over to shake her hand, she fell for the 'haha I'm really a hologram' bullshit, the angel laughing. "So...wait you aren't actually here?" She questioned and I sighed. The angel behind him watching me closely.

"You really think I would want to come down here willingly?" He laughed again and patronized Charlie. I kept my mouth shut and analyzed both of them. That helmet looks really familiar...but where have I seen it. Boy could this motherfucker yap, my patience was very thin. Charlie tried to bring up the project of the hotel but kept getting cut off by this dickwad. "So- I was playing this gig, and for some fuckin' reason this virtue chick was diggin' on the drummer, and it's like do you KNOW who I am? I'm fuckin' Adam!" My attention was snapped back as I looked at him. What...? Can it really be? "I'm the ORIGINAL Dick! All dicks decent from me! You think you want drummer dick? No. Way. I'm the dick fuckin' master" He shoved more ribs in his mouth. "So anyway...and we fucked and it was awesome...what you'd do this weekend?" He shrugs and I clench the strap of my rifle. JESUS FUCK. Was he annoying.

Charlie snapped back from droning him out. "Wait your name is Adam? Like the first man Adam? That means you-..ooooh that explains a lot " Charlie now clicking one and one in her head. The princess tried her best in talking to him as civil as possible. With this dudes yapping session, she only had a few minutes to show off her proposal, he looked bored and completely uninterested. Adam held up his hand stopping her explanation and the other angel stepped forward, claiming that hell was forever, and that's a fact. That its just what it is. I suddenly took a step forward and stood in front of Charlie.

"Who the FUCK do you think you are?" Adam stopped in his rant and leaned forward over the table. "Aw now...Adam it's been such a long time...and you have gotten SO annoying" I laughed a bit. Charlie looked up at me confused. His guard dog came to stand in front of him. "Move bitch!" He pushed the other angel aside. I took another step closer. "It makes me sad you don't remember me it's okay...I can always make you...the hard way" the shine of my rifle made him take a step back. "Was that a fuckin threat bitch?" He pushed his ego through but I knew he was nervous. "Sir, let's go, this meeting is done" the other angel said, glaring at me. "Daww you think you're special being Addy's whittle guard dog?" She growled and went to go lunge at me but was stopped by Adam. "Fuck YOU! And just for that, We've moved the execution date to a couple months! So take that BITCH!" He stuck his tongue out childishly. I spotted the tremble of his hand and bowed, my tattered wings opening up. "Always a pleasure my dears, but we must be going, thanks for the heads up by the way." I took Charlie's hand and began to walk out, noticing the visible shock of both angels as we left.

"Ace! What are we gonna do!?" Charlie started panicking, making our way back to the hotel. "Don't worry...we'll figure something out, we always do" I reassured her. I need to have a talk with Luci....now...