Close To The Sun

POV: Ace

I kicked the dummy with force, sending it back more each kick I made. My music blasting in the room and my teeth gritting hard. I didn't notice the figure walking into the room. "Nice technique" he smiled and walked over lowering the music. I stopped, panting hard and placed a hand on my hip. "You heard everything didn't you? Well..." I sighed and crossed my arms. "I'm going to help Ace, I realized how childish I was avoiding the matter at hand" he walked up and held hi fists up, nodding to me. "We gonna dance or talk?" I huffed and he smirked. "Both, bring it" he said as I cracked my neck and we started to circle one another.

"So Alastor has been buttering you up with a deal huh?" He took the initial swing, I cleanly ducked and maneuvering around. "And? What's that got to do with anything, not like I wanna be fuckin leashed" I went for an uppercut and he side stepped, my fist just barely missing his jaw. I'm a lot more experienced now. "I get it Ace, You're trying to protect us, but you cannot take this by yourself!" He looked at me seriously and I huffed stopping briefly. "You don't get it Lucifer!" I swept my leg and managed to catch the back of his leg, causing him to stumble on the mats. "Then enlighten me!" He yelled back and rolled, grabbing my wrist pinning my arm behind me, pushing me against the wall. I growled in frustration as my wings pushes against his hold. "Unlike you, I didn't run! I challenged Heaven more than you! I was tortured for MONTHS!" My voice cracked with emotion. He held me in place still. "After all my training! Getting these fucking powers! My weapon! I still couldn't do anything as they did that to him! I fucking FAILED Lucifer, like I did back in the garden!" I cried out and threw him off of me, he fell on his back on the mat. He looked up at me and saw the tears running down my face.

"Ace, You're not alone this time...you have me, you have Charlie, our friends, you have Adam..." he got up dusting himself off and looked up at me. I was shaking a bit and suddenly dropped to my knees, sobbing into my  hands. "I'm s..sorry...I..If I was stronger...he'd still have his wings...he would have thrived in Eden..." my voice raw and barely audible. Lucifer knelt next to me and held me close. He let me get out all the feelings I've been holding in. After some time, I stopped crying and sniffled and resting on his shoulder. "Adam's cooking dinner...wanna go give him some company?" Lucifer pulled away and held my face up with his finger smiling. I nodded and wiped my eyes taking a deep breath to collect myself. "That's my boy..." he kissed me on the forehead as we got up and made our way to the big kitchen hand in hand.

Adam was making one of his recipes from earth. 'Teriyaki chicken' ; it was one of my favorites. We walked in and he glanced over his shoulder smiling. "Ah there yall are, everything okay?" He wiped his hands on a dish towel. "Yeah we're okay" Lucifer sat down at the bar and he looked back at me. I walked around the counter and pulled Adam into a tight hug, Adam's eyes widening a little but buries his face into the crook of my neck "I'm sorry..." I whispered and Adam rubbed my back. "Don't worry bout it babes" we parted and my stomach growled loudly making us all chuckle. "It's almost done...I told Charlie I would sit with Vaggie and make some plans..." Adam returned to grabbing plates for them all and silverware. "Speaking of which, you two getting along?" Lucifer asked casually.

"Oh yeah, we talked about...well everything..." Adam shrugged and plated our dinner, handing Lucifer and I our plates. "I promised I'd make it up to your kid man, I meant it" he handed Lucifer a knife and fork and he smiled. "Well good, wouldn't want another beating haha!"He laughed and shoved a piece of food in his mouth and hummed in delight. Fuck be all, Adam was a stellar cook. All those years on earth did him justice. I smiled and ate my food quietly, checking my phone and held my cheek in my hand leisurely. We ate together and shared stories and jokes.

POV: Lucifer
I forgot about the dark and silent halls, the lonesomeness that ate at my heart and soul. I have the two people I've loved...I loved Lilith...I did but...I looked over at Adam and then Ace who were jabbing teasing remarks at one another. They brought me life like no one else had...