Bad Apple

POV: Lucifer (light body gore/monster imagery)

We all got ready for the trial, I glanced over at Ace. They never went to bed last night with us, he was locked in the bathroom when Adam and I woke up. I asked him if he was okay but brushed me off, telling me it's nothing. His eyes looked drained and definitely a bit paler in the face. Adam glanced over at me with a questioning look and I gave him a shrug. When it was time, guards came for us. Walking down the promenade was wild as every angel in heaven seemed to be there, watching us go to the courtroom. I went first, taking the middle seat of the table. Ace on my right and Adam on my left.

I glared up at Sera who was perched in her box up at the top, Emily wasn't next to her. Probably still traumatized from the last trial like this. I crossed my arms and waited. Glancing at Adam, his eyes on his feet and hands in his pockets. Then I looked at Ace, he was glaring at the middle of the floor of the courtroom, eyes distant. This is going to go swimmingly...Sera cleared her throat before speaking. "Lucifer Morningstar, I have brought you here under the terms of the past execution...Killing a top lieutenant is a punishable offense" She looked down at us three. "Bullshit it is..." Adam muttered looking up now. Sera huffed and stared daggers into him. "Ah Adam, still being a pest as usual I see, even after we punished you" her voice laced with venom.

Adam flinched a bit and bit his lip. "We are already fallen Sera, why did you have to bring me all the way up here?" I rolled my eyes. Sera smirked a little and I raised an eyebrow. "We have unfinished businesses that's why my dear~" I turned fast to see Lilith nearly float in, such grace in each step. Adam froze and Ace's glare now snapped to Lilith. "The gangs back together no?~" she had a smug look on her features. My head was spinning and I leaned against the table. "What do you mean? YOU left me..." I looked up at her fully now. She stood in the middle of the courtroom. "Such blasphemy! How is our little girl?" My eye twitched at that. "Don't you DARE bring up Charlie" I felt my temper rise a bit.

She hummed and moved to stand in front of Adam. "I never thought you could be even more pathetic than you were in Eden" Lilith reached over and went to touch his face. His eyes widened and flinched back instinctively. "Don't fucking touch him." Ace's voice laced with a menace I've never heard from him. She turned to Ace, crossing her arms and smiled. "If it isn't the famous Ace! Look at how you've fallen hmm? You have no place in heaven or in hell. You were just some tool and that's all you ever will be.." she leaned in and poked Ace's chest. Adam and I watched, both extremely nervous at what's about to happen.

Ace bowed his head, waves of smoke coming off of him. "Is this some trick Lucifer?" Sera barked and I watched in shock as Ace's body contorted, a loud ground shaking growl came from him. Lilith's eyes grew wide taking a step back. "What ARE you!?" She yelled. Bone cracking noises rang in the halls of the courtroom, Ace's body now one of a furry large beast. Large jagged and sharp teeth showing, smoke pouring out of its mouth. Eyes bright red, almost glowing. Large horns sprouted from its head, shapes of ears forming on top of its head. A glowing light sat in the middle of its head, almost looking like the halo he used to have in heaven. The angels started screaming running out of the courtroom, Sera looked terrified by the creature.

Adam tripped taking a step back falling on his ass, eyes wide in horror and shock. I shook my head in disbelief, I never knew of Ace's power after falling from heaven. Smoke filled the courtroom, another growl came from its throat, huge paws with long claws taking a step toward Lilith. She looked helpless now next to the beast that was Ace. My chest clenched, seeing someone I loved turn into this. Adam called my name and I snapped out of my trance. "Lucifer! He's gonna kill her!" He pointed and I turned as the beast opened its jaws, rows and rows of sharp jagged teeth gleamed in the light. I turned into my full form and rushed in front of Lilith, taking ahold of Ace's jaws stopping him forcefully. He let out a bellow and tried to break free. "Ace! Stop! You can't kill her! Think of Charlie! How sad she'd be!" I yelled trying to break through to him. The eyes shifted, unable to read. "It's okay...I get it...I do...turning into a...monster...all the hurt! All the pain! But you got us!...Me and Addy right?" I still held his jaws. There was a small whine from the beast, its mouth finally closing and shook its head. 

"Ace it's okay...we promise" Adam called out and got up holding his arms out. The beast stared to shake, the form of tears filled its big red eyes. "Come back to us yeah? Let's go home..." I pulled Ace's head in my arms, petting the corse spiked fur of his neck. Suddenly, smoke refilled the room as the beast disappeared, leaving a sobbing Ace in my arms. "That's my boy..." I held him close and nodded to Adam. He looked relieved. "That THING should be dead! For good! How dare he-..." Lilith began but I turned to her, Ace in my arms sobbing silently. "If it wasn't for ME, you would have been dead, so a thank you is in order hmm?" I glared at her, she took a step back before turning and running out. Sera didn't say a word and left quickly.

Adam ran up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "We needa get him home Luci..." "I know...he needs rest then we can get some answers from him...hopefully" I snapped a portal back home, our belongs back in the estate. Adam walked through first then I did. I headed straight to the galaxy room, placing Ace down gently and covered him with a soft blanket. Leaning over I placed a kiss on his forehead before leaving the room. Adam looked at me concerned and rubbed his arm. "What are we gonna do?" "Wait...all we can do, cmon I'll make us some food" my smiled strained and took his hand, leading him to the kitchen. Both of us quiet, our heads deep in thought and feelings.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Ace's Beast Form